Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ello
    i'm going inter railing round europe this coming summer 2013. I'm going from july 22nd till August 9th, so thats for 19 days.
    I'm going with 6 friends and we're going to Rome, Venice, Budapest, Prague, Berlin and Amsterdam. We're staying in each place for average 3 nights each (apart from venice, for only one because we know how expensive it is!)
    We've booked and paid for all our hostels and we're doing it cheaply so average £15-£20 a night. But now i've got to save for my spending money but unsure on how much i should take.
    How much do you think is a good a amount to take or spend per day
    Any comments are helpful thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Also hopefully going to Budapest, Amsterdam and possibly Rome this summer too, what hostels have you booked to stay in? Looking at hostels now and not too sure which ones to pick!
    Sorry for not having anything too helpful to add!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you've paid for the hostels you can get by on £30 a day. It all depends on how much you eat/drink and where you do it. And what you want to get up to. If I'm honest it all depends on how much you want to spend, you could live off a few quid a day if you wanted to.. I'm sure you don't though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.