Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who were your favourite players growing up? Watch

ReputationRep:
    when you were younger(growing up) , who were your favourite players?

when i was younger , my favourite players were Youri Djorkaeff and Jay Jay Okocha , outside of Bolton , i used to enjoy watching Rivaldo , Luis Figo and Ronaldinho

ReputationRep:
    Brazilian Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Henry, Bergkamp, Nistelrooy, Scholes. I love Scholes. Vidic as well. I wouldn't usually pick a defender but before his injury he was probably the best defender to watch. Fearless.

ReputationRep:
    Ruud Van Nistelrooy <3

ReputationRep:
    Rivaldo, Jon Dahl Tomasson, Ronaldo, Figo, Cafu

ReputationRep:
    Close to turning 22 but here goes..

Fabregas, Messi and C.Ronaldo from this generation, but growing it up it has to be:

Henry, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Zidane, Nedved, Bergkamp, Totti, Buffon, Nesta, Puyol, Raul, Figo, Lehmann, Seaman, Lucio, Kaka, Viera, Deco, Ballack, R.Carlos, Beckham, Ashley Cole, J.A.Riise, Xabi Alonso, Rivaldo, Casillas, E.Petit, Cafu

I've probably missed out some greats. :/

EDIT: ****ing-hell Cafu!!

ReputationRep:
    Beckham, Van Nistelrooy, Owen, Lampard, Crespo, Rivaldo, Ronaldo (Brazilian), Ronaldinho, Figo, Henry, Raul.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)
    Close to turning 22 but here goes..

Fabregas, Messi and C.Ronaldo from this generation, but growing it up it has to be:

Henry, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Zidane, Nedved, Bergkamp, Totti, Buffon, Nesta, Puyol, Raul, Figo, Lehmann, Seaman, Lucio, Kaka, Viera, Deco, Ballack, R.Carlos, Beckham, Ashley Cole, J.A.Riise, Xabi Alonso, Rivaldo, Casillas, E.Petit, Cafu

I've probably missed out some greats. :/

EDIT: ****ing-hell Cafu!!

Cafu was something else haha! Probably my favourite defender of all time bar Puyol and Thuram.

ReputationRep:
    zidane, fat ronaldo and henry

ReputationRep:
    Henry,Zidane,Raul,Robert Carlos,Ronaldo(R9),Pires,Bergkam p,Beckham,Trezeguet,Del Pero,Totti

And pretty much the whole team of Brazil circa 2002/2001

ReputationRep:
    Robben at Chelsea. Kaka at Milan. Bergkamp at Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    the real/brazilian ronaldo, alan shearer, maldini

ReputationRep:
    Cafu, Figo, Henry, along with most of the arsenal squad. i also had this weird obsession with dejan stankovic and edgar davids too

ReputationRep:
    christiano ronaldo, 2008 was epic for united, rooney and ronaldos partnership at the red devils

seemed like a geniunley nice guy as well

ReputationRep:
    Being a goalkeeper myself I loved the Italian keepers of the 90s. Peruzzi, Toldo and my favourite, Pagliuca. He was the guy I dreamed of being like.

Sneekes, Maldini, Bergkamp, Bierhoff, Batistuta, Puyol, Raul, Rui Costa, Doni

ReputationRep:
    Henry, Zidane, Paul Green (ex Doncaster player haha), fat Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Pires, Matt le Tissier, Zola, Bergkamp, Heskey and Owen were my favourites.

ReputationRep:
    Bryan Robson.

Henrik Larsson, Shunsuke Nakamura, Paddy McCourt and Aiden McGeady along with Brazilian and Cristiano Ronaldo!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hasslebaink, Gudjohnsen & Crespo.

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldinho, Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, Ronaldo, Zidane.

ReputationRep:
    Deco

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.