The Student Room Group

Standard Grade History Predictions

Hey guys, if you're sitting SG History this year, you'll know the exam is 14th May. I'm just wondering what you all think will be in the Exam this year? I'm doing Unit 1B, Unit 2A & Unit 3D. Also, what unit do you reckon the 8 marker will be in?

(Good Luck for 14/5)
Reply 1
Bump
hey:smile:
im not sure what will be in the exam, quite worried. i do 1B 2A and 3C do you I think it could be unit 2 because of it being 3 last year and 1 in 2011 but you never know!
Hi, I do 1B 2A 3D as well, and my history teacher is predicting an 8 marker for Unit 2. It could be a nice easy one about the home front or something, or it could be the Treaty of bloody Versailles.
I doubt it'll be about the treaty of Versailles but I wouldn't mind that tbh. I'm glad the essay is most likely to be in Unit 2, hopefully it'll be a easy : " Describe conditions in the Trenches."If that was the essay I would actually fist-pump in the exam hall. :tongue:. How is everyone feeling about the exam ?
I'm terrified. I have no idea what's going to be on the paper; I'm in hospital, and the hospital teachers seem never to have seen the course before. My brother is certain that it will be political reform, international diplomacy, and the rise of Hitler, but I don't know from where he got his information. I have four days until the exam and have no clue what to do.
eek.
Reply 6
I'm feeling OK about the exam. I hate Unit 1B and hope that it doesn't ask us anything on the vote etc. An 8 marker in Unit II would be good as long as it's like the Treaty of Versailles or something. Unit III would be better though like 'How did Hitler get into power'. All in all, I think the paper will be decent.
I hope the 8 marker's in Unit 2 and on the end of the Great War, it's so easy! :colone: America enters the war, failure of the Ludendorff offensive, the Final 100 Days, British naval blockade of Germany, use of new technology during the Final 100 Days! Please SQA pretty please. :colondollar:
Reply 8
Am I right in saying that, If you get a 1 for ES and a two for KU, you will get an overall 1?
Original post by wellarmy12
Am I right in saying that, If you get a 1 for ES and a two for KU, you will get an overall 1?

yup
What does everyone about the Battles in WW1 ?
Original post by Bromaldehyde
What does everyone about the Battles in WW1 ?

What are you trying to ask and I might be able to answer :tongue:
Original post by Craigenhogen
What are you trying to ask and I might be able to answer :tongue:

Oops sorry, what does everyone know about the battles of WW1, what kind of questions could we get asked on that and what would be the answers ?
Original post by Bromaldehyde
Oops sorry, what does everyone know about the battles of WW1, what kind of questions could we get asked on that and what would be the answers ?

You might be expected to know mainly about the big ones mainly mostly like the start and end of the war with a few thrown in the middle for good measure I'd say really possibly:

The Schlieffen Plan (Russian invasion of East Prussia andthe Battle of the Masurian Lakes and Tannenburg as well)
The Battle of Mons and the retreat from Belgium
The First Battle of the Marne
(Not really a battle but the Race to the Sea)
The Second Battle of Ypres
The Battle of Loos
The Battle of the Somme
The Brusilov Offensive won't come up as a question but can be used as evidence on the Russian military etc)
The Third Battle of Ypres(Passchendaele), including Messines
The Ludendorff offensive (including the Second Battle of the Marne)
The Final 100 Days

I'm hoping the 8 marker is in unit 2 because I can rattle of the end of the war with ease :colondollar: but I'll take anything on the battles of the war. We might get asked about the failure of the Schlieffen plan which would also suit me, but to answer your question, I couldn't pin it down exactly what they're going to ask as it's such a big ranging topic!
I do standard grade History and I've been taught to do
unit 1 - B
unit 2 - A
unit 3 - A

but A did context A in unit 1 instead of context B, will i get marked for it or not?
Reply 15
How did everyone find the exam today? I thought it went pretty well for (1B 2A 3D) the 8 marker was a little weird but I managed.
Reply 16
I thought the exam was pretty good actually! My prelim had knocked my confidence out of me, so I was expecting to fail but I think I might have passed! I agree that the 8 marker was a bit strange in the WWI section, but I gave it a good go at least. Nothing else we can do now!
I never expected it to go so well, to be honest. I doubt I got an A, but I'm fairly certain that I passed. Whee!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending