Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've got 5/6 of my options for IB next year help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I wish to study IB at my current school next year and I'm having trouble choosing a final option:

HL
    Biology
    Italian
    Psychology

SL
    English
    Maths Studies
    ?

I want to do Psychology at University, and I was originally going to chose Theatre as my final SL option, but I have started to not enjoy Drama GCSE so much. I think that Theatre will be a good subject, as will help with my confidence when doing English oral exams and will be a subject to get me moving in the middle of all my other classes. I was thinking of doing History SL, but from doing History GCSE, I'm not a fan of Communism study which is a great part of it. I'm really struggling to chose and I need to make up my mind before exams begin.
    Just suggestions would be brilliant

ReputationRep:
    I think you should do History. I didn't do any of the artistic fields for my IB-diploma, but I was advised against it, since they require so much of you, in music and theatre and such. History is probably easier to get a good grade in. Otherwise, you've made some fine choices; I also did Psychology on higher, and it was fab.

ReputationRep:
    If you're not up for the requirements in the artistic side of the IB then go for anything else but that.
    I took Visual Arts HL, and it was hard.
    History is alright though; my younger friend is taking History SL and she's loving it.

I envy so many other IB schools; my school only had a limited offer in subjects. But I've already graduated so ah well.
    By the way, I love your choice to take Math Studies. Oh how I miss that class :snoozing:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.