Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it true at te D&r halls that the buss will not always take you because it is to packed?
    Is it possible to walk to uni from here?
    Are we allowed to dry clothes in our rooms? especially at vine court?

With the catered option, what time are the eating times?

When do we actually move in?

Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    1. It does happen but Arriva have been trying to send buses that start from Greenbank so students aren't always left waiting.

2. Walking from Greenbank to uni would take a long time, however if the 699 buses are truly a pain to get onto you could always walk down the road to tesco and take the 86 bus to town. This doesn't take too long.

3. Yes you can at Greenbank but I'm assuming you could at Vine Court, too. I've heard they have free laundry facilities there but I'm not entirely sure.

4. Monday - Friday: Breakfast (7:30 - 9:15) and Dinner (4:30 - 6:45)
    Saturday: Breakfast (9:00 - 10:00) and Dinner (4:30 - 6:00)
    Sunday: Brunch (10:30 - 11:45) and Dinner (4:30 - 6:00)

These times are for Greenbank. It may be different at vine court.

5. I moved in the weekend before freshers

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing posh about Vine Court. It's expensive for what it is, the rooms are still quite small for the price. The laundry room is also small and during day hours will often be full. It's not free, from what I remember it's £2.20 for a wash, and £1 for a dry. In total then that's £5.40 for whites, colours and drying it all each time.

The breakfast/dinner times are slightly different, can't quite remember them.

In terms of location, Vine Court is about about a 10 minute walk from the city centre. It's also about 10 minutes from the engineering department, but very close to law/geography. About 5 minutes from Physics/Chemistry/Maths buildings from what I remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SwimGood)
    There is nothing posh about Vine Court. It's expensive for what it is, the rooms are still quite small for the price. The laundry room is also small and during day hours will often be full. It's not free, from what I remember it's £2.20 for a wash, and £1 for a dry. In total then that's £5.40 for whites, colours and drying it all each time.

The breakfast/dinner times are slightly different, can't quite remember them.

In terms of location, Vine Court is about about a 10 minute walk from the city centre. It's also about 10 minutes from the engineering department, but very close to law/geography. About 5 minutes from Physics/Chemistry/Maths buildings from what I remember.
    Sounds silly but how big of the machines? Just wondering if I can do a ton at once

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.