Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi TSR

Basically my girlfriend of 3 years went on an exam-prep week at Cambridge. She kept in contact with me each night, saying she'd been good, not flirted around, etc etc.

Now she comes home, with numerous pictures of a naked guy on her phone, and a few suggestive ones of herself. As i found them, she explained she was waiting to send her ones to me, and the guy was just some random dude who sent them to everyone.

They were all taken/received within the same two hours, almost one-after-another, so the BS could be smelt a mile off.

I then proceeded to end the three year relationship, in my rage telling her to never call me again, etc.

My question is... Did i overreact at all, or were my actions justified? In the past few days I've been doubting, wondering if I should apologise... But i just need some clarification.

Oh and also... How do i get out of this depression spiral right before exam time? I'm practically sitting here not wanting to do anything, for days on end. help please

ReputationRep:
    Has she been calling and begging you to take her back or does she not seem bothered?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, a similar sort of thing happened to me in a relationship, and the guy in question lied, twisted the truth etc. I could smell the BS, but i chose to turn the other cheek and 'believe him'.

All i can say is it was a waste of both our time as when we broke up I found out I knew the truth all along.

I think its VERY dodgy, and honestly, your better off without her.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like pure BS her end.

You're probably better off, as hard as that may seem right now.
    To advise on how to concentrate on exams etc is a tricky one, because right now you'll be focusing all your time and energy on thinking about your ex.
    You should try giving yourself say 30 minutes in the day to think about/let out any feelings regarding your ex and then focus on other things (such as exams) for the rest of the time.

Best of luck! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caracxa)
    Has she been calling and begging you to take her back or does she not seem bothered?
    No she hasn't, which i find odd as the last two times she messed up (in a much lesser way) she has been begging and grovelling. This time she hasn't so much as tried to call.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucktesta)
    No she hasn't, which i find odd as the last two times she messed up (in a much lesser way) she has been begging and grovelling. This time she hasn't so much as tried to call.
    Then you are probably best off without.

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be to stick on some music and revise, the music helps keep you distracted from thinking too much about your ex. (Hopefully doesn't distract you from your revision though!)
    P.s You're better without her pal.

ReputationRep:
    Chances are the guy in the pic has gone balls deep in her, and if he hasn't, he will do now.

Best thing to do is act like you're giving her a second chance, hit it one last time, then once she's gone let her know it's truly over for good.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.