Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ok well, today i just saw someone lose over £500 in the bookies over a period of half an hour

why is it that hardly any1 ever plays blackjack on these machines, are they that bad at maths

if they played basic strategy they would pay 3x less to the bookies, yet everywhere you go everyone seems to think the only game on these machines is roulette,

Why cant people grasp this simple concept

ie with a william hill bonus card, the house edge would drop lower than 0.35% on blackjack, thats nearly 8 times less then the roulette house edge?

ReputationRep:
    How about a better idea, stay away from those FOBT all together?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    How about a better idea, stay away from those FOBT all together?
    thats a good idea, but this is not a perfect world, at its my hobby trying to find errors that give me a favourable house edge, i have found none so far, but when you live near 10 ladbrokes and all of them give you £10 on the machine when you play £50, the odds are really in your favour

if people play the FOBT, why do they play slots, and then complain to the government that they are rigged?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dukeofwembley)
    thats a good idea, but this is not a perfect world, at its my hobby trying to find errors that give me a favourable house edge, i have found none so far, but when you live near 10 ladbrokes and all of them give you £10 on the machine when you play £50, the odds are really in your favour

if people play the FOBT, why do they play slots, and then complain to the government that they are rigged?
    Same reason people smoke, they are addicted. They know it's doing more harm then good both health wise and financially, yet they continue to pursue their actions because of the rush they get from it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.