Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Who has taken the challenge of a joint degree, and which degrees have you combined?

Also, if you are already done or in the middle of your joint degree, how much more busy are you relative to your friends with single degrees in similar academic fields?

I was just wondering if it really makes a big difference in your study time, and how much work intensity could I be looking at? Is it a social kill, or not so bad after all?

You may have already guessed that I am a potential fresh undergraduate beginning in September '13, and I am in the process of confirming my offers. With my current high school already killing my social life, this just sparked my curiosity. I am, therefore, hoping to find someone taking a joint degree who could shed some light on my concerns, or at least share some experiences of knowledge!

Thanks ^^
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Joint honours programs are the same as single honours in terms of workload. You'll be doing 3 subjects in your first and second year as you probably know. As for your honours years, you'll split your modules (three) for your subjects over each semester. For example...First semester of 3rd year: 2 History modules and 1 Politics module. Second semester: 2 Politics modules, 1 History module. It adds up to the same number of credits/hours.

The workload is the same for both types of degree and you won't really need to worry about it being too intense during your first two years. It'll certainly be more difficult in your honours years, but there's not much point worrying about that now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.