Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering whether you can do your A level exams in a psychiatric hospital? I'm worried I'll be hospitalised soon, and my A2 exams are 5 weeks away - I can't miss them, I really can't. Can I do them in hospital? anyone got any idea or experience ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my friend took an exam in hospital, but it all depends upon what college/ sixth form you are at etc and what guidelines they have around it. The best thing to do will be to talk to your head of sixth form or someone in charge at college about your situation and ask them what they recommend. You will probably need to get proof from your doctor, but the sooner you speak to your college then the better because if you are able to sit the exams in hospital then they will need to arrange for someone to take the papers to you in hospital and sit with you for the duration of the exam (to ensure don't cheat).

But as I said if it is definite you are going to the psychiatric hospital then the more notice you can give your college the better,
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_say)
    I'm wondering whether you can do your A level exams in a psychiatric hospital? I'm worried I'll be hospitalised soon, and my A2 exams are 5 weeks away - I can't miss them, I really can't. Can I do them in hospital? anyone got any idea or experience ?
    Could you talk to your care team about the hospitalisation issue? If they are suggesting putting you in hospital maybe see what they say?

I think some adolescent wards allow you to take exams. But I imagine an adult ward or PICU wouldn't let you. However if you are voluntary you will be allowed leave so you could go into school to do them (provided you aren't a big risk) and if you are sectioned you can get section 17 leave to go and take them. Obviously that depends on if you are safe and you cooperate with hospital.

But I would suggest talking to your care team about your worries. If they know this maybe they can suggest other options (eg the crisis and home treatment team)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Giving exam in hospital it's totally depend your college and i think it is bit uneasy to them for allowing this activity.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.