FizzicsGuy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Is it true that If you get 100% in an exam then you get an extra reward from the SQA as well as an A? Some of my friends are saying the £50 gets rewarded to every candidate that scores 100%.

Can someone tell me if this is true of false please?
evalilyXOX
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by GreigM)
Is it true that If you get 100% in an exam then you get an extra reward from the SQA as well as an A? Some of my friends are saying the £50 gets rewarded to every candidate that scores 100%.

I have never heardabout that before I got 100% last year in my Int 2 Spanish and Latin but I never recieved any money or other extra rewards.

I dont think its true but it might only apply to highers and advanced highers
TheFOMaster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

If I recall correctly, its only for Advanced Highers, and if you get 100% you get £100 off the SQA. Although, I saw this on here, and don't know its validity
ladymarshmallow
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm aiming for 100% in the higher german exam (got 99 in prelim, so only way I can improve really), although I think you only receive recognition from the SQA if it's at AH level. Your school may, however, aware you in some way.
Alisaucisson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There was a girl a couple of years ago who got 100% in higher chemistry and I think she got quite a lot. She got money (possibly just money for books?) from the royal society of chemistry and something from SQA
Bromaldehyde
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A girl in my school got full marks in History one year and the school made a big deal about it and I think she was invited to some presentation ceremony or something.
Shengis14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Girl at my school last year got the highest mark for AH home ec in the country and went to London to see princess Anne

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Bromaldehyde
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Shengis14)
Girl at my school last year got the highest mark for AH home ec in the country and went to London to see princess Anne

No way haha
Shengis14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bromaldehyde)
No way haha
Not even kidding, my school made a massive deal of it

Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nerd434)
Didn't even know Advanced Higher Home Ec existed...
I would love to mark AH Home Eccies exams.

"YOU USED SO MUCH OIL THAT THE U.S. ARE TRYING TO INVADE THE PLATE."
ladymarshmallow
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
I would love to mark AH Home Eccies exams.

"YOU USED SO MUCH OIL THAT THE U.S. ARE TRYING TO INVADE THE PLATE."
AH Cake Decoration is solid.
Bromaldehyde
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So harsh guys. Being serious, I bet you couldn't pass it.
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Learning to cook is no different from learning any other skills. Stick me in Home Ec for 4 years and I guarantee that I'd come out a beast cook.
TheFOMaster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm gonna go do an AH Home Eccies paper to prove you wrong!

Edit: Ok, my original plan was to edit this saying something like "Shup" as I would be proven wrong rather quickly, however having looked at the 2012 Paper, I think - if I put the time aside - that I could give that a good shot...

Edit2: I take that back. I could never write a 25 mark essay on a vegetarian diet. Shup.
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheFOMaster)
I'm gonna go do an AH Home Eccies paper to prove you wrong!

Edit: Ok, my original plan was to edit this saying something like "Shup" as I would be proven wrong rather quickly, however having looked at the 2012 Paper, I think - if I put the time aside - that I could give that a good shot...

Edit2: I take that back. I could never write a 25 mark essay on a vegetarian diet. Shup.
I went and had a look just now; I'm pretty sure I could do a question or two as it stands. It doesn't look all that hard; genuinely think if you plopped me in an AH class or gave me a textbook, I could have that **** sorted pretty quickly - don't see any reason why Home Ec would be different from learning any other essay-based subject!
Bromaldehyde
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was only joking guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was only joking guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Home Ec is no joke, mate. It's the lack of rigid standards in our Home Ec education that has led to the inability to differentiate horses from cows.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bromaldehyde
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
Home Ec is no joke, mate. It's the lack of rigid standards in our Home Ec education that has led to the inability to differentiate horses from cows.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahahaha.
ukdragon37
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

It is true at least for Maths AH. I was with one such person when he deposited his cheque for £100 (although the cheque was possibly not directly from the SQA) at the bank.
xStaceyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My school gave prizes to those who got the highest mark in each course. Usually it was gift vouchers but I think if you got the best grades in the year you get money.

Dunno if the SQA do anything.
I won the 'Duncan Perry (?) award for Higher Computing' and got a £20 HMV voucher haha.
Luckily that was before they almost closed down. :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.53%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (545)
48.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise