Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that If you get 100% in an exam then you get an extra reward from the SQA as well as an A? Some of my friends are saying the £50 gets rewarded to every candidate that scores 100%.

Can someone tell me if this is true of false please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreigM)
    Is it true that If you get 100% in an exam then you get an extra reward from the SQA as well as an A? Some of my friends are saying the £50 gets rewarded to every candidate that scores 100%.

I have never heardabout that before I got 100% last year in my Int 2 Spanish and Latin but I never recieved any money or other extra rewards.

I dont think its true but it might only apply to highers and advanced highers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreigM)

If I recall correctly, its only for Advanced Highers, and if you get 100% you get £100 off the SQA. Although, I saw this on here, and don't know its validity

ReputationRep:
    I'm aiming for 100% in the higher german exam (got 99 in prelim, so only way I can improve really), although I think you only receive recognition from the SQA if it's at AH level. Your school may, however, aware you in some way.

ReputationRep:
    There was a girl a couple of years ago who got 100% in higher chemistry and I think she got quite a lot. She got money (possibly just money for books?) from the royal society of chemistry and something from SQA

ReputationRep:
    With certain subjects; yes. It's not actually the SQA which hand out rewards but certain academic societies. For example, say you happen to get the highest mark in AH Chemistry or AH Physics, the "Royal Society of Chemistry" or the "British Institute of Physics" will acknowledge this with financial prizes. If I remember correctly, however, it's a voucher, not genuine money. Nevertheless, it's normally between £50 - £100!

ReputationRep:
    A girl in my school got full marks in History one year and the school made a big deal about it and I think she was invited to some presentation ceremony or something.

ReputationRep:
    Girl at my school last year got the highest mark for AH home ec in the country and went to London to see princess Anne

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shengis14)
    Girl at my school last year got the highest mark for AH home ec in the country and went to London to see princess Anne

No way haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bromaldehyde)
    No way haha
    Not even kidding, my school made a massive deal of it

ReputationRep:
    Didn't even know Advanced Higher Home Ec existed...
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by nerd434)
    Didn't even know Advanced Higher Home Ec existed...
    I would love to mark AH Home Eccies exams.

"YOU USED SO MUCH OIL THAT THE U.S. ARE TRYING TO INVADE THE PLATE."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    I would love to mark AH Home Eccies exams.

"YOU USED SO MUCH OIL THAT THE U.S. ARE TRYING TO INVADE THE PLATE."
    AH Cake Decoration is solid.

ReputationRep:
    So harsh guys. Being serious, I bet you couldn't pass it.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Learning to cook is no different from learning any other skills. Stick me in Home Ec for 4 years and I guarantee that I'd come out a beast cook.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna go do an AH Home Eccies paper to prove you wrong!

Edit: Ok, my original plan was to edit this saying something like "Shup" as I would be proven wrong rather quickly, however having looked at the 2012 Paper, I think - if I put the time aside - that I could give that a good shot...

Edit2: I take that back. I could never write a 25 mark essay on a vegetarian diet. Shup.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by TheFOMaster)
    I'm gonna go do an AH Home Eccies paper to prove you wrong!

Edit: Ok, my original plan was to edit this saying something like "Shup" as I would be proven wrong rather quickly, however having looked at the 2012 Paper, I think - if I put the time aside - that I could give that a good shot...

Edit2: I take that back. I could never write a 25 mark essay on a vegetarian diet. Shup.
    I went and had a look just now; I'm pretty sure I could do a question or two as it stands. It doesn't look all that hard; genuinely think if you plopped me in an AH class or gave me a textbook, I could have that **** sorted pretty quickly - don't see any reason why Home Ec would be different from learning any other essay-based subject!

ReputationRep:
    I was only joking guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I was only joking guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Home Ec is no joke, mate. It's the lack of rigid standards in our Home Ec education that has led to the inability to differentiate horses from cows.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Home Ec is no joke, mate. It's the lack of rigid standards in our Home Ec education that has led to the inability to differentiate horses from cows.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahahaha.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.