Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Keele or St Georges watch

• View Poll Results: Which medical school would you go to - Keele or St Georges?
    St Georges
    100.00%
    Keele
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys

I'm having a bit of a dilemma choosing which medical school to firm and which one to use as an insurance - I have offers from St Georges, Cardiff and Keele. I want to firm Georges (AAA) and insure Keele (A*AB/AAA) but the problem is that I'm not very confident that I'll get an A in chemistry, so would it be safer to choose keele and also get first pick on accomodation (I hear it gets quite bad, and if its not your firm you may have to stay in stoke!)

Can anyone comment on the pros/cons of each uni, their experiences, and has anyone ever missed the grades e.g. got AAB and still been accepted. I was wondering if I firmed Keele if they'd still take me even if I don't get the A*(probably wont.)

I'd really appreciate any help as UCAS deadline is looming.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felicity95)
    Hi Guys

I'm having a bit of a dilemma choosing which medical school to firm and which one to use as an insurance - I have offers from St Georges, Cardiff and Keele. I want to firm Georges (AAA) and insure Keele (A*AB/AAA) but the problem is that I'm not very confident that I'll get an A in chemistry, so would it be safer to choose keele and also get first pick on accomodation (I hear it gets quite bad, and if its not your firm you may have to stay in stoke!)

Can anyone comment on the pros/cons of each uni, their experiences, and has anyone ever missed the grades e.g. got AAB and still been accepted. I was wondering if I firmed Keele if they'd still take me even if I don't get the A*(probably wont.)

I'd really appreciate any help as UCAS deadline is looming.

Thanks

I have the same dilemma over St Georges and Exeter But since I have my grades I just need to firm one and reject the other. If you look on the st Georges page you will see that there is a person Going there this year who got AAB but was let in anyway because of high performance at interview although this can not be guaranteed for you it did happen also there is no reason why you cant get an A in chemistry i had B's right up till june got an A in june by doing a few retakes and getting very good coursework marks/

ReputationRep:
    That really helps. I might phone them up and see if I can find out how my interview went etc. Wow well done on the offers, and I may see you at St georges! Either way, exeter is also another great med school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felicity95)
    That really helps. I might phone them up and see if I can find out how my interview went etc. Wow well done on the offers, and I may see you at St georges! Either way, exeter is also another great med school
    Glad it helped their both good unis the choice is hard

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.