Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey people.
    I'm working on a project and I'd like to know from you bunch of obviously very attractive people what your favorite music genre is.

And your general opinion on radio/television music.

And your favorite artist (e.g. Benny Benassi) OR band (e.g. Slipknot) OR composer (e.g. Hans Zimmer), or all of the above, if you feel like typing.

Leave your gender as well while you tell everyone who's best. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I can't really choose just one single genre that I love so, I might just tell you all of them
    Rock, indie, alternative, punk and electronica are all awesome genres that I particularly love.
    I think that radio music can be VERY chart and playlist based and I sometimes want to just tear my hair out, because I get so annoyed and the rubbish music that gets played over and over! Although they can be very catchy... However there are some gems, and I think that new bands and artists can get a lot of help from BBC Introducing which is great. In terms of television music I would love a programmed music show like Top of the Pops to come onto our screens because I think we need one in our lives and it could be popular and fun to go to.
    Favourite bands: Mallory Knox, Everything Everything, Peace, My Chemical Romance, Sleeping With Sirens...
    Favourite composer: Benjamin Britten (we played some of his material in one of my orchestras and it was fab!)
    Hope this helps (sorry I've written so much) x

ReputationRep:
    Favourite music genre: metal
    Radio/television music: typical-they replay the same songs over and over again
    Favourite artist- dont have one (sorry)

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Fave genre: I pretty much listen to everything except dubstep and metal and classical.
    radio/tv: I don't like most of what they play on the radio, I prefer listening to more meaningful songs, but there are some super catchy songs I hear in the car sometimes which I don't dislike :P
    fave artists: The Enemy is my ultimate favourite band, but I also love Twin Atlantic, General Fiasco, Edward Turner and many more

ReputationRep:
    im mainly into dubstep and drum and bass. Music on the tv and radio is all a part of the industrial entertainment complex and most of it is complete ****e, i avoid it. although, i dont mind it when im in a club or something but i wouldnt want it on my ipod. my favourite artist is netsky for dnb and probably flux pavilion for the dub. And im female.

ReputationRep:
    @ TeddyBasherz
    ... Bless you?

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have a favourite genre but I mostly like pre 1980 music. Frank Sinatra is definitely my favourite artist I listen to him all night quite regularly.

I nearly always listen to Radio 2 and the music tends to be ok, except for Steve Wright- I usually hate the stuff he plays. Ken Bruce plays the best music for me.

Oh, and I'm male.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.