Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Last year I had to suspend due to illness,and am currently trying to learn somethings to get a head start and was wondering if someone could tell me in the semester 1 pharmacology exam do we need to know names of drugs?

also could anyone give me a brief synopsis of topics covered in semester 1 pharmacolgy so i could look it up in a textbook?

Thank you!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hi,

Im about to go into my 3rd yr at Southampton. Sorry to hear that you had to suspend due to illness - but good to hear you're back this year! Yes, you need to know names of drugs, one or two examples of each class taught is suffice though.

I really wouldn't worry about getting a head start, to be honest semester 1 pharm is actually quite a small part of the exams. Enjoy your summer mainly. Do you have a student log-in as you should be able to access the timetables? I would say what we had to learn but this year they are completely changing the curriculum so it may no longer be relevant. If you want to do anything start with anatomy - bones, muscles of arms and legs! That tends to be what stresses most people out! But enjoy your summer!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.