Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to just tell a boy to back off? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been friends with a boy for about a year now, we did some drama stuff together and go to the same college so I thought we were getting on well. Only he got the wrong idea- I'm not dating, my last relationship didn't end well and I'm going off to uni next September anyway, but he keeps touching me when I don't want him to, distracting me from my studying, and he hasn't quite told people he's going out with me (when we blatantly are not) but he doesn't say he's single either.

It's like he's decided he's in a relationship with me without me consenting.

He also keeps talking about me becoming pregnant and discussing my future plans with me- that's creepy. He's got this habit of rubbing my tummy and talking about "maybe there's a baby in there". I don't know how to get him to stop and I don't want to ruin our friendship, because he is a nice person, or was before he started thinking we were boyfriend and girlfriend.

Any advice would be appreciated...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xysabridde)
    I've been friends with a boy for about a year now, we did some drama stuff together and go to the same college so I thought we were getting on well. Only he got the wrong idea- I'm not dating, my last relationship didn't end well and I'm going off to uni next September anyway, but he keeps touching me when I don't want him to, distracting me from my studying, and he hasn't quite told people he's going out with me (when we blatantly are not) but he doesn't say he's single either.

He also keeps talking about me becoming pregnant and discussing my future plans with me- that's creepy. He's got this habit of rubbing my tummy and talking about "maybe there's a baby in there". I don't know how to get him to stop and I don't want to ruin our friendship, because he is a nice person, or was before he started thinking we were boyfriend and girlfriend.

Who knows, Virgin Mary?

Anywho, next time he says that, say obviously not, because we're not gf/bf - in a jokey kind of way.

ReputationRep:
    Not gonna lie, he sounds a bit creepy Maybe ask him for advice on some imaginary guy you say you fancy? Make it clear you don't like him that way without being too direct or mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Who knows, Virgin Mary?

Anywho, next time he says that, say obviously not, because we're not gf/bf - in a jokey kind of way.
    I think I'd have noticed.

The thing is, I've told him that. Jokey and non-jokey. And he can't seem to get the message. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    LOL, are you & your bf 13 years old or something OP?

ReputationRep:
    Who knows, Virgin Mary?

Okay...do that if you still want him to be weird and creepy with you.

I don't understand your reasoning, easy solution is to simply sit him down and TELL HIM you aren't GF/BF, you aren't interested in him but will still be friends with him if you want to be.

You're going to university in September, its not like its a big deal to just tell him to **** off.

ReputationRep:
    "when you touch mme like that, i feel uncomfortable" "When you talk to me like that, i feel uncomfortable" "I am really looking forward to uni in September, it will be so nice to go when i am single, a clean slate, are you excited too?"

Couple of ides anyway, either way its going to be awkward but you can't allow someone to make you feel like confronting them in a clear way that doesn't lend itself to being misconstrued is the only way.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd have noticed.

The thing is, I've told him that. Jokey and non-jokey. And he can't seem to get the message. :confused:
    Then just ignore his comments, otherwise you'll have to tell him straight up what you said in this thread, but you don't want to break your friendship.

ReputationRep:

I was going to suggest telling him nicely until I read the second paragraph...

RUN, RUN AWAY!

ReputationRep:
    Creepers will creep.

I think hurting this guy's feelings would be good for him. It would shock him out of his delusion and probably embarrass him into the realisation that that isn't a normal thing to do.

On the other hand, a very gentle way to go about this is to ask him to back off a little until the summer because he is distracting you from your studies. Make him understand that your future is your main priority. If he has any feelings for you he will realise that getting in the way of your education is not a smart move and he will retreat a little, hopefully

ReputationRep:
    I knew a guy like this from my College who was exactly like that with one of my close girl friends.

Seriously, that guy just didn't get the message, ever. No matter what. This was despite her being in an LDR. In the end, over the months, he was just taking it further and further even though she didn't want it. In the end, she just gave up and gave him what he wanted. And after that almost split with her actual boyfriend.

She regretted everything. My point is don't let it get to that stage where you lose sight of what you actually want and just give in and go along with it.

The only way she got rid of him was basically telling him that was it, straight, and blocking every form of contact with him. And even then, he still kept trying but we eventually got rid of him.

It might not come to that with you. He might get the message the first time round if you do it in a nice way and you can keep your friendship. But if he's like this guy I knew, then seriously, just get rid of him, you don't need people like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

no offence but he sounds like a creep !!

the only way for him to stop is for u to be really firm with him and just tell him harshly to set the record straight.

if he is a true friend then he will realise where he has went wrong and wont be mad at you. If not then he wasnt the good friend you think he is

personally, I feel like he is only acting like a great friend to gain your trust, worm his way in, and get more than you initially bargained for.

its not fair that you feel uncomfortable around him so you have to let him know that .

hope everything turns out all right for you. (if i were you i would get rid of him for good )

ReputationRep:
    He's got this habit of rubbing my tummy and talking about "maybe there's a baby in there"..
    Are you sleeping with him? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHansa)
    I wondered this too.
    ...OP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHansa)
    Absolutely not. He just has this weird fixation with me being pregnant. Don't ask me.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely not. He just has this weird fixation with me being pregnant. Don't ask me.
    I think this is how he thinks girls get pregnant.

Think about non-existent girlfriend, fap with hand.
    With said hand, rub non-exist girlfriend's tummy whilst chanting, maybe there's a baby in there

---------

(not srs)
    You're stuck between a rock and a hard place unfortunately, but I think some of the users have given good advice.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe hang out with him a bit less too? (it'll be easier for both of you if you have other friends and plans should things get awkward after he realises you don't fancy him)

ReputationRep:
    I think this is how he thinks girls get pregnant.

Think about non-existent girlfriend, fap with hand.
    With said hand, rub non-exist girlfriend's tummy whilst chanting, maybe there's a baby in there

---------

(not srs)
    You're stuck between a rock and a hard place unfortunately, but I think some of the users have given good advice.
    What happened to your Sig? It was so funny haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Occams Chainsaw)
    What happened to your Sig? It was so funny haha.
    I unchecked the box, show your signature for that post.

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry but why are you even friends with him?

You'l have to have to tell him straight to back off or if you cant do that then phase him out, break all contact and ignore him

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.