Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how can i prevent my friend from stealing my man ?!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    we're not officially gf/bf , but i introduced this guy to my close friends & i asked them what do they think about him, they all said he's funny & pretty, but that girl actually said that she'll shag him now if she could, am really intimidated by this opinion, & i really feel insecure when she is around because she is the prettiest of us, & i saw him making eye contact with her then smile .
    i know i can't consider this cheating but she actually told me that she had fun & i should arrange another activity this weekend.

i really don't know what to do, one of my friends suggested i should push her on the rails but am a bit mature to do this,but any ideas are appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Sleep with him first if you already haven't.

ReputationRep:
    Thank god you are mature enough to not kill her!

Why don't you actually become "official"?

ReputationRep:
    Feel his **** and ask him what he has previously been feeding it.

ReputationRep:
    You can't, he is a free person and can choose who he wants. Its not the answer you want but life isn't fair i am afraid. Hopefully he will pick you, eh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaq8)
    we're not officially gf/bf , but i introduced this guy to my close friends & i asked them what do they think about him, they all said he's funny & pretty, but that girl actually said that she'll shag him now if she could, am really intimidated by this opinion, & i really feel insecure when she is around because she is the prettiest of us, & i saw him making eye contact with her then smile .
    i know i can't consider this cheating but she actually told me that she had fun & i should arrange another activity this weekend.

i really don't know what to do, one of my friends suggested i should push her on the rails but am a bit mature to do this,but any ideas are appreciated.
    keep him interested and tell her politely to back off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob :))
    Thank god you are mature enough to not kill her!

Why don't you actually become "official"?
    how can i become official after he met her, he is speaking about getting out all together all the time,am having second thoughts about pushing her on the rails actually..she is playing with fire & have to accept what's coming.

(Original post by Trigger)
    You can't, he is a free person and can choose who he wants. Its not the answer you want but life isn't fair i am afraid. Hopefully he will pick you, eh.
    no he is not , because i introduced them to each other & i have the right to end it, she's taking what isn't for her, he's ment to be with me.

(Original post by evalilyXOX)
    keep him interested and tell her politely to back off
    how can i , he seems like he is interested more in her, my only chance is if something happens to her,

ReputationRep:
    Strangely the best answer is probably not to be possessive at all - it intrigues a partner and keeps them interested. But I would opt for, treat HIM like a King and let HER know that you know where she is coming from and you will push her on to the rails at the drop of a hat...

ReputationRep:

Some people can be quite crass when they express how attractive someone is. 'I'd shag him if I could' might just be her tacky and slightly insensitive way of saying 'Well played sister, you've got a really good-looking guy there'. Note the use of the conditional there too - could - which might imply that she knows the boundaries.

Would you be this angry with a less attractive friend who said this? Regardless of what your friend is trying to do - if anything - you must keep your cool in this situation. Acting jealous and possessive might put him off.

ReputationRep:
    how can i become official after he met her, he is speaking about getting out all together all the time,am having second thoughts about pushing her on the rails actually..she is playing with fire & have to accept what's coming.

no he is not , because i introduced them to each other & i have the right to end it, she's taking what isn't for her, he's ment to be with me.

how can i , he seems like he is interested more in her, my only chance is if something happens to her,
    Wow, he's a person not a dolly. Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    You women really need to come up with a 'sis code' (be my guest to think of a better name).

It works wonders for us blokes..

ReputationRep:
    Stop introducing them and don't arrange the meet up. No guy would do this, as said above, you really need sis code's

ReputationRep:

I think the only real solution is to listen to your friend. Push her on the rails, it's the only real option that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Strangely the best answer is probably not to be possessive at all - it intrigues a partner and keeps them interested. But I would opt for, treat HIM like a King and let HER know that you know where she is coming from and you will push her on to the rails at the drop of a hat...
    Sorry, missed that you are not actually dating. 'Fraid then that it is 'all's fair in love and war' and in reality there is no such thing as a 'sis' code...

ReputationRep:

firstly - you what? he's not a nintendo DS you dont own him. Just because you introduced him does not give you any claim on him.

Secondly - take the chance with him and see if he will make it "official". If you are not an item he (and she) are free to do whatever they like.

Thirdly you should really consider growing up a bit. If hes interested in her then so be it, the fact your talking about "something happening to her" is pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    So.. A friend who you want to go out with is considering going out with another of your friends? He isn't "your man", nor is he "meant to be with you". Slightly possessive, don't you think, I think he's lucked out in having interest in someone else over you!
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    People can't be stolen, they can choose to get with whomever they wish. If he goes out with your friend then you two were not meant to be and I'm sure you'll find someone better

ReputationRep:
    Wow bit of a psycho thing going on here

ReputationRep:
    The Rails

ReputationRep:
    Tell him she has herpes/syphilis that sort of thing. Hope he doesn't reply with 'that's ok, I've got that too'

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.