The Student Room Group

Vagina Illness

When I woke up this morning I had a pain in the area where the vagina meets the leg, I thought it could just be my underwear rubbing. Anyway when I got in the bath I noticed a small circle pink lump which looks exactly like a wart. I am sexually active but only with one person and he hasnt slept with anyone else whilst he has been with me. He does get thrush though from me but I have never had any of the symptons.

What is it? Am i going to die:frown:
Reply 1
I have looked at some sites and it isnt genital warts as its not cauliflower shaped. I dont want to go to the doctors:frown:
Reply 2
Anonymous
When I woke up this morning I had a pain in the area where the vagina meets the leg, I thought it could just be my underwear rubbing. Anyway when I got in the bath I noticed a small circle pink lump which looks exactly like a wart. I am sexually active but only with one person and he hasnt slept with anyone else whilst he has been with me. He does get thrush though from me but I have never had any of the symptons.

What is it? Am i going to die:frown:
So has he slept with other people before you?
And no, you're not going to die from one little wart (or whatever).

Going to the doctor's isn't really that bad. It might be slightly uncomfortable/awkward but so what? It's only a few moments and then you'll know for sure what's wrong with you.
Reply 3
Couldn't it be a cist? Or a lump formed by an in-growing hair?

regards
--marty
xavier2k3
Couldn't it be a cist? Or a lump formed by an in-growing hair?

regards
--marty

Probably! I had one of those a few months back and I went to the doctor scared to death that it was a wart and it turned out just to be a cist. She said it would be gone in a few days, and within a week it had disappeared. Wait and see, and if it doesn't go away, brave the doctor (maybe try to get one you haven't seen before like a visiting district nurse or something).
Reply 5
He hasn't slept with anyone for about 2 years before he was with me. We have been sleeping together for almost a year so I dont know why it would just appear now.

What is a cist?

When I shave I use shaving foam could this have something to do with it?
Reply 6
Probably just an ingrown hair from shaving, which can happen whether you use shaving foam or not. And a cyst is just a lump of cells, really. Sometimes big ones can have hair and/or nails in them.

Also, your vagina does not meet your leg, as it's entirely internal. Your vulva, however, does.
Reply 7
Don't think this will really help but: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyst

regards
--marty
Still you could get an infection round there from unprotected sex even if he hasn;t slept with anyone for 2 years.
It could be an insect bite, in the summer when me and my friend went away together, we got them absolutely everywhere!!
Reply 10
Could it be thrush?
It's not likely to be thrush if you don't have any other symptoms (itchyness, burning sensation, redder than usual vulva, extra white discharge.) Have you seen the lumps from shaving before and are you sure it isn't that? If it isn't, you should go to the doctor, or you could see a sexual health nurse at a young person's clinic if you don't like your doctor.
Reply 12
Its the first time I have seen it, it just appeared today.

Latest

Trending

Trending