Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To all LGBT people - if you could become straight, would you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys;

Well, I assume you have all been presented with the situation before where you have been asked if you could take a pill or something and it somehow turned you straight right, would you?

Well, I thought I would put post this to get people's views and somewhat keep track.

Me myself, I don't think I would. My sexuality has played a part in me myself being moulded and I wouldn't change it for the world.

EDIT:
    Straight people's views also valued - would put it in title but is too long...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Personally I don't think I would. Whilst I don't view my sexuality as a particularly significant thing about myself, being gay it's still a part of who I am, and I wouldn't want to change that.

ReputationRep:
    Not a chance. I would be a completely different person and I like myself the way I am

ReputationRep:
    No. I love boobs too much :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    To loan a few words from Dr Cox;

"Newbie, there are just so very many ways for me to say this to you: Never; not in a million years; absolutely not; no way, Jose; no chance, Lance; niet; negatory; mm-mm; nuh-uh; oh-oh; and of course my own personal favorite of all time, man falling off of a cliff - "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo!..."

ReputationRep:
    Bisexuality gives me a greater choice of people so no of course i wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R4INBOW)
    No. I love boobs too much :ahee:
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Brilliant!

Me too...

ReputationRep:
    Title would make more sense if it was directed to LGB people, as your question appears to just be about sexuality.

I wouldn't bother becoming straight, but I would murder you if that could stop me being trans.

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking the one giving out the negs ran out of how many people he could neg in one day...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    I am thinking the one giving out the negs ran out of how many people he could neg in one day...
    He has 0 neg power so it doesn't matter anyway :P

ReputationRep:
    agree with lightburns, this question makes no sense to trans people...

As for my sexuality though - would I change it now? no... its to much a part of me...

Would I choose to be straight at birth if I could start life again? yes...

(Original post by shadowdweller)
    He has 0 neg power so it doesn't matter anyway :P
    The benefits of being a sub.

Yeah, like everyone else, I don't think I would either. Things haven't always been easy, but I think I've become more resilient as a result - and much more open-minded and tolerant!

ReputationRep:
    Nahh, it's too funny watching idiots in my year being unable to comprehend it. And have you seen Tom Daley?:adore::perv::daydreaming: And also It taught me to be nicer to other people
    But if I started life again, I might be just to see what 'fitting in' would be like. Even though I prefer it like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    Nahh, it's too funny watching idiots in my year being unable to comprehend it. And have you seen Tom Daley?:adore::perv::daydreaming: And also It taught me to be nicer to other people
    But if I started life again, I might be just to see what 'fitting in' would be like. Even though I prefer it like this
    I can say I have seen waaaaay better than Tom Daley in the past and having secret crushes on your friends helps a little, lol. =P
    Although, I don't know why but other than being male, there is only one thing I am attracted to (it is a must, I sometimes go for brownish ginger) and that is brown hair. =l

I don't know why but black, red and blonde hair doesn't appeal to me...

ReputationRep:
    God yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    I can say I have seen waaaaay better than Tom Daley in the past and having secret crushes on your friends helps a little, lol. =P
    Although, I don't know why but other than being male, there is only one thing I am attracted to (it is a must, I sometimes go for brownish ginger) and that is brown hair. =l

I don't know why but black, red and blonde hair doesn't appeal to me...
    yeah I don't see the appeal in Red hair

ReputationRep:
    Well, I already have a strong straight preference, so it wouldn't make that much of a difference to me. But no, I wouldn't want to take it, because I like the idea of being able to fall in love with the perfect person regardless of their gender.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, it's never been a problem for me so I have no will to change it. Also, I'm ridiculously camp anyway so if I were straight then life would be so much harder, and not in the good way

ReputationRep:
    No, because it plays a part in defining the person I am.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not - while being bi is who I am and has concreted that, it's also changed me. I'm so much more open and liberal than I was before. Growing up and having people tell me that it's 'wrong' and 'unnatural' has made me more sure that I've become a better person because of it.

... Plus my girlfriend is f-ing awesome.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.