Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, couldn't think of a better title

If you don't get three As at Science for GCSE (say you get AAB) and get As/A*s in all your other subjects, do you think vet school would be a complete no go or do you think it still might be possible? Worried about getting those As as I'm borderline at the minute.

When I've looked at the GCSE entry requirements for the vet schools they've all been a bit misleading so wondering if any of you could shed some light on it

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    Hi

It depends on the vet school really. If you are to get A's in bio and chem, then B in physics you would probably stand a chance, however if you get A's in bio and physics, then B in chem you would probably be at a disadvantage. You mention about getting As/A* grades in all of your other subjects which is really good, especially when you talk about including Maths and English Language! Therefore I would say that you still stand a chance with really good grades, but continue to work hard and try to get top grades at A level as well as GCSE. When you choose your A levels (or whether you might have done already if you'r in y11) it is best to take Biology, Chemistry, Physics/Maths and another academic subject to stand the best chance. Also, get lots of work experience with small animals, farm animals, horses and lab work!
    Good Luck!!! -hope I helped
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    GCSEs can normally be compensated by getting A/A* in that science subject at A Level, unless specifically stated in their requirements for GCSEs (check their website online & email them if still unsure). If that B was in physics, I don't think they would really care at all. You still stand a good chance of getting in as overall your GCSEs are high.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to you both, just to say that I've been predicted these grades, haven't actually done my GCSEs yet

ReputationRep:
    If you go a B in Biology GCSE but an A in it at ALevel, it wouldn't matter

ReputationRep:
    Getting B/A/A*'s are easier to get sceince than it looks - you just have to ensure you revise properly and stay focsussed and determined

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    Getting B/A/A*'s are easier to get sceince than it looks - you just have to ensure you revise properly and stay focsussed and determined
    I just did pastpapers for it and got all A* but then in English I only got BB and worked harder for it

It just depends on your strengths, I was so bad at Languages at GCSE. I got A*A*A*A*AAABBB With BBB being in French, English and English Lit :lol:

ReputationRep:
    lol, you still done very good in them
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Predicted GCSE grades can be quite different from those you achieve - they can either be up or down so if you work hard I am sure you will achieve them and perhaps exceed your predictions but remember not to be complacent and revise well & hard

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.