Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    as

ReputationRep:
    hey, most of the hostels have places you can lock your bag - you should take a combination lock too to make sure people can't get in too easily. Money-wise it depends on how lavishly you live! frugally (making lunch sandwiches and cooking in the hostel) you could do £10 or less per day (less if you don't drink). If you're eating out a bit and doing lots of touristy stuff it's more like 20-30.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlotteM)
    Hey, I'm currently thinking of inter-railing this summer, possibly just in Italy or around Europe if I can afford it. Does anybody have any experience of inter-railing and how much it would cost? I know hostels are around £25 a night and you have flights there and back, including the rail ticket itself but in general spending money wise? Also what do you do with your luggage during the day if you're in a hostel with strangers? Thank you
    Hey there,

I'm planning on traveling across Europe by train during the summer months. I'll be traveling solo - looking for a few traveling companions. I'm open to any plans or routes if you are keen on planning something

Eric.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.