Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Don't think I have ever tried, but planning onto this evening...is it allowed? I know it is on a train...well I have done it a few times and no one has said anything.

ReputationRep:
    BoJo banned it ages ago.

ReputationRep:
    In public busses in London (and possibly all of England) it is not allowed. I'm almost sure you are not allowed to have open or visible alcohol bottles even if you are not drinking in London busses.

ReputationRep:
    I don't live in London...I live in Birmingham. Is it allowed here?

ReputationRep:
    Probably, if you haven't heard otherwise - ask a local cop.

ReputationRep:
    Can you seriously not just wait a few minutes?...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    Exactly what I was thinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    No..it is British tradition to be a nuisance on public transport.

ReputationRep:
    If you really want to consume alcohol then just do it discretely in a sports or soft drinks bottle. If it's a spirit and mixer, then no one will notice, although the smell of beer can be quite strong.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think on the buses where I live it says no alcohol on them. I'm not sure if it's Stagecoach's rules or the law, but either way you're probably risking getting kicked off if the driver notices.
    However, nondescript bottle + top deck = probably going to get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I am going to have to put the bottle of beer inside my jacket pocket and sneak it on...also doubles up as a weapon which is always needed on public transport.

ReputationRep:
    My friends and I were drinking alcohol on the train and bus on new years. Not sure if it is allowed but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Just do it discretely. Seriously I don't think anyone cares

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McHumpy92)
    Looks like I am going to have to put the bottle of beer inside my jacket pocket and sneak it on...also doubles up as a weapon which is always needed on public transport.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaand you went full retard.

ReputationRep:
    Ladies and gentlemen: Birmingham.

(I'm kidding)

ReputationRep:
    I don't live in London...I live in Birmingham. Is it allowed here?
    I live in Birmingham, and I'm pretty sure it's not allowed, although I have seen people doing it loads and I've never seen anyone getting told off. You'll probably be fine as long as you sit upstairs or whatever, as long as you're not causing a lot of trouble the crappy Travel West Midlands drivers don't give a sh*t.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't do it with beer, but I've done it in the past with vodka, etc, put in bottles with coke in it.

Its not REALLY within the law, but as long as you don't bring attention to yourself, etc, and its not in the original bottle which states it is obviously an alcoholic beverage, then you should be okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Ladies and gentlemen: Birmingham.

(I'm kidding)
    fixed.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it illegal for buses if you can get it on a train? It just makes no sense. Last year on the way home from Aberystwyth, there were some people who were enjoying a couple of Carlsbergs (Revolting drink btw) at half 11 on a Friday morning.

ReputationRep:
    Even if it is technically illegal, most people will turn a blind eye as long as you behave yourself. If you act irresponsibly or loud and obnoxious, don't be surprised if people report you. It's all about being considerate of the others around you, as it's a public service.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.