Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a decent chance to start a neuroscience PhD the upcoming Michaelmas term and wanted to ask which college you would recommend in that regard.
    Can you even say that there is one or the other college more life science bound than the other? I know that Gaius seems to be the more "medical" , Trinity seems more "mathematics". So maybe there is a college where there are traditionally or said to be more life scientists? Maybe even a neuroscience college?

I am grateful for any opinion or insights. Thank you all very much.

ReputationRep:
    No one? I would really appreciate any opinion! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, in the sciences at postgraduate level, your college matters very little from an academic point of view - it's almost entirely down to the department. Most of the colleges will have lots of science grad students. So I would make your decision based on the accommodation and general facilities for graduates rather than necessarily its "reputation" for a particular subject.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much! And my next question would be: In terms of accommodation and general facilities, which college offers the most for graduates? : -)

I am grateful for any opinion or insights. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChristopherWahrs)
    Thank you very much! And my next question would be: In terms of accommodation and general facilities, which college offers the most for graduates? : -)

I am grateful for any opinion or insights. Thank you.
    I'm afraid I never looked much at the grad options as I applied as an undergrad and simply stayed on at my college as a graduate (clinical medicine). Clare was pretty nice though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.