Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    The observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena.

even applies to geography at a-level
    Just its an easier observation, identification and description involving very little experimental investigation, and relatively easy to grasp phenomena explainations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    What did you mean then? sorry if I'm coming across lary today.
    lol, I mean there are lots of course that LSE do and they consider it as a Sciences ....which is not really a science such as Physics, chemistry etc...
    In my openion courses like BSc Government should be BA Governement...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    lol, I mean there are lots of course that LSE do and they consider it as a Sciences ....which is not really a science such as Physics, chemistry etc...
    I agree, but what's phyics? you gave an example "Like phyics"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    I agree, but what's phyics? you gave an example "Like phyics"?
    Yes physics is an example of Sciences and should be BSc but subjects like Government shouldn't be BSc. I didn't say LSE does physics or anything ... i used physics as an example...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    it does seem rather strange that it is bsc government, but there is a a mathematic requirement to study government in lse, so maybe there is maths involoved?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Yes physics is an example of Sciences and should be BSc but subjects like Government shouldn't be BSc. I didn't say LSE does physics or anything ... i used physics as an example...
    Ah i see, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    it does seem rather strange that it is bsc government, but there is a a mathematic requirement to study government in lse, so maybe there is maths involoved?

yes But most unis require u to have Grade C at English and Mathematics no matter what you are studying...

http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/under...nment/L230.htm

"Course requirement: GCSE pass at grade C or better in Mathematics is expected"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    yes But most unis require u to have Grade C at English and Mathematics no matter what you are studying...

http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/under...nment/L230.htm

"Course requirement: GCSE pass at grade C or better in Mathematics is expected"
    Perhaps it's due to a first year module in political science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starry)
    Somehow though, foreigners get lower offers.. but I'm not complaining coz' I'm Brit and got an offer
    Have you got any objective evidence for this? If anything the most distinguished and famous LSE graduates tend to be non-British, suggesting if anything that they are more intellectually high-powered than the others...

Feminism: by hypocrites for hypocrites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Well thats debatable...I wouldn't consider Economics as a Science...I'd prefer to call subjects like physics , chemistry, biology and etc... sciences...
    We r also talking about Economics A-level not Economics @ uni level which involves a lot of maths.
    The problem is that the original meaning of the word 'science' has been taken over by the 'natural' sciences. If you use physics and chemistry as the model for academic work then social science then social science is not science. However if you use a different model, which goes back further historically, and which simply implies an attempt to apply general laws of evidence and experiment, then social science definitely is science..

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 21, 2004
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.