Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone know if there is funding in the UK for unpaid interships? watch

ReputationRep:
    I need help finding funding as it is not in my area and just needed a little help on were to look i live in London and the internship is in Kent and i cant afford the accommodation its temp for 5 months. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It probably depends on who the internship is with and what sector.

ReputationRep:
    If you're not from the South-East your "funding" is generally a big fat middle finger to the face, I've never heard of funding being given out for unpaid internships.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, nothing. You could always try and get an evening job working in a pub/restaurant to support yourself.

Have you spoken to the company to see if they can cover your accommodation costs? I think you can receive benefits while you're doing an internship so maybe go to the job centre/google and see what's available to you.

Isn't there an internship you can get in London? The only internships I can find is ones in London and I can't afford to get the train everyday at peak times/accommodation.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annuhlees)
    Nope, nothing. You could always try and get an evening job working in a pub/restaurant to support yourself.

Have you spoken to the company to see if they can cover your accommodation costs? I think you can receive benefits while you're doing an internship so maybe go to the job centre/google and see what's available to you.

Isn't there an internship you can get in London? The only internships I can find is ones in London and I can't afford to get the train everyday at peak times/accommodation.

Good luck!
    yeah ive been searching so much jus nothing really available im Looking for HR roles, its tough and so hard.
    yeah i asked them already think i done a lot of research only thing that came up was to raise the money from my locals and work or university

THANKS HUNNI. I WONT BE GIVING UP

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.