Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey guys

I'm doing Spanish A2 at the moment and I'm having some trouble with the research based essay. I'm currently doing mine about ''como agua para chocolate'' .

The characters and social themes were fairly easy, however I'm struggling with the techniques.. any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joaoroque)
    hey guys

I'm doing Spanish A2 at the moment and I'm having some trouble with the research based essay. I'm currently doing mine about ''como agua para chocolate'' .

The characters and social themes were fairly easy, however I'm struggling with the techniques.. any ideas?
    We're doing that too! The main technique to write about is the use of "El Realismo Magico" i.e Magic Realism. Basically Esquivel uses it to create humour and is used to combine the supernatural with daily routine
    You can write about the presence of "los fantasmas de Mama Elena y Nacha" and the effect of the food on people (e.g "la vomatina collectiva en la boda de Rosaura")

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.