Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just signed up but was wondering if anyone could help me with Psychology revision tips.

In class I understand the subject but it seems my exams are lacking.
    I need at least a C in Psychology to get into uni so I am worried I might not be able to achieve this grade - help!

ReputationRep:
    what board are you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoRo)
    what board are you on?
    AQA, studying phobias and media for unit 4, and aggression, biological rhythms and eating disorders for unit 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morganforbes)

AQA, studying phobias and media for unit 4, and aggression, biological rhythms and eating disorders for unit 3
    wooo me tooo, I also do media and aggression but none of the others
    have you been doing essays in class?

ReputationRep:
    not really, focusing on working out the books more in class..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've did Unit 4 in January and media was one of my modules. Got some revision notes if you wanted them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing A level psychology with WJEC, so it might be a little different, but with my textbook there's only really enough information to get a C if you copied an essay straight from the textbook. Technique is important as well as timing (in every psychology exam I've done so far I've almost run out of time). You need to be really evaluative and make your points really clear. Practising essays is crucial with psychology and pretty much any essay-based subject, so I would focus on essay writing. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    not really, focusing on working out the books more in class..
    get these two books, they're Really good for A2 Psychology (especially the Red One)!: http://www.amazon.co.uk/A2-Level-Psy.../dp/1848720092 and this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Psychology-A2-Students-Book/dp/0748798250/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img
    practice writing essays and get your teacher to mark them and just remember those essays and just practice papers.

ReputationRep:
    A Levels are, unfortunately, a lot about just passing exams and not about understanding. Have a look at all of the past papers to see the types of questions and the phraseology they're looking for in the mark schemes.

For actually learning the material: Reduce concepts to core principles and branch out notes/revision from there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dpdr)
    I've did Unit 3 in January and media was one of my modules. Got some revision notes if you wanted them.
    I'm sure Media is in unit 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    get these two books, they're Really good for A2 Psychology (especially the Red One)!: http://www.amazon.co.uk/A2-Level-Psy.../dp/1848720092 and this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Psychology-A2-Students-Book/dp/0748798250/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img
    practice writing essays and get your teacher to mark them and just remember those essays and just practice papers.
    I have the first red book already, will look into getting the second one, thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imog)
    I'm doing A level psychology with WJEC, so it might be a little different, but with my textbook there's only really enough information to get a C if you copied an essay straight from the textbook. Technique is important as well as timing (in every psychology exam I've done so far I've almost run out of time). You need to be really evaluative and make your points really clear. Practising essays is crucial with psychology and pretty much any essay-based subject, so I would focus on essay writing. Good luck
    Thanks!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by nm786)
    I'm sure Media is in unit 4.
    Yeah sorry meant Unit 4

ReputationRep:
    I read something about the AQA essay exams on the rookie research blog http://rookieinresearch.tumblr.com/ which I'm not sure but might be insightful/helpful

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.