The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling Firmers 2013

Hey!
So I've seen that there are a lot of people who firmed Stirling for September 2013! :biggrin:
I'll be studying English Studies, will be 20 in September and hope to get into Muirhead House (on campus)! Oh, and I'm coming from France!
What about you? :smile:

Edit : Got an offer for Muirhead :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have firmed Sociology and Spanish a few days ago. I'm thinking about Muirhead, Polwarth but also about Geddes... it is hard to decide :smile: I am 19 years old and come from Hungary.
(edited 11 years ago)
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
I've firmed psychology so hopefully I meet my conditions. Thinking about staying in AKD or the flats. I'll be 18 when I come and I stay in Scotland :smile:
I firmed History, I haven't found anyone else doing History. I'm 17 now but I'm 18 in exactly a month, I'm from Scotland about 2 and a half hour drive north of Stirling. I'm hoping for Willow Court, the room they built and put in the middle of a grassy area looked lovely, much nicer than my bedroom, but also a wee smaller.
Firmed for Marine Biology. I'll be 18 still in September & I am staying in AKD received an offer today. also I'm Scottish I live about 2 hours south of Stirling. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed Law LLB today, i will be 18 in July, from Glasgow and moving into halls, hoping for anythinh but Geddes want one of the refurnished halls :biggrin:
Firmed Journalism studies, I'll still only be 17 in september :frown: live an hour and a half from stirling and will be moving into akd halls :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Firmed Psychology. Not quite sure where I want to live would like to live on Campus but depends on what acc I gat an offer for and how much it will be. Might end up living off campus. I'm 19 (20 in June), from Germany and lived in Scotland for the a year and 9 month now.

If I get to stay on Campus my first choice would be Muirhead
Hey I firmed LLB Law :smile: applied to stay in Geddes Court.

Posted from TSR Mobile
firmed sport studies, wanted to get into willow, got offered AKD... Booo, awch well
Original post by Scottish :)
firmed sport studies, wanted to get into willow, got offered AKD... Booo, awch well

what room was it? :smile:
Reply 11
I'm James, I will be 23 when my course starts in September. I have accepted my offer to study biology and education so I can be a secondary school teacher, from Scotland but currently living and teaching English in Spain. Did my first degree in Psychology at Stirling and loved it, which is why I am returning. Live near Stirling so I will probably be commuting :smile:
Reply 12
I just firmed for nursing, but how do you login to the portal? I don't understand because I don't remember making an account :s-smilie:
Original post by kittykat6
I just firmed for nursing, but how do you login to the portal? I don't understand because I don't remember making an account :s-smilie:

As far as I remember when I started, you don't create an account, you get assigned a username that is based on your initials. Not sure if you'll have the details this early though?

(Second year student)
Reply 14
Original post by flown_muse
As far as I remember when I started, you don't create an account, you get assigned a username that is based on your initials. Not sure if you'll have the details this early though?

(Second year student)

I'm confused how everyone is saying they have applied for accomodation but you need a login to apply?
I'm confused how everyone is saying they have applied for accomodation but you need a login to apply?

From this page:

http://www.stir.ac.uk/campus-life/accommodation/newundergraduates/

"Applications should be made online via the university portal and full instructions will be sent from the student recruitment and admissions team once your place to study is unconditional."

So from what I'm reading it looks like you get the login info once you are unconditional. Is that maybe the problem?
Original post by american_rachel
what room was it? :smile:

2/09W

what about you
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by flown_muse
From this page:

http://www.stir.ac.uk/campus-life/accommodation/newundergraduates/

"Applications should be made online via the university portal and full instructions will be sent from the student recruitment and admissions team once your place to study is unconditional."

So from what I'm reading it looks like you get the login info once you are unconditional. Is that maybe the problem?

oh right, so because I had just accepted it they haven't sent it yet? makes sense. thanks :smile:
Original post by Scottish :)
2/09W

what about you

2/03W! hey neighbour :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19

Once you gor your welcome letter from the university you can use your studentnumber that should be stated on the letter and your date of birth to create your account.
That's what I did. Don't know if there are other ways

Quick Reply

Latest