Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Gaaaaahhhh!!! I was so certain that Uni. of the West of England was the place I wanted to go to, that if I got in I would accept without thinking twice. Five applications later, I've been rejected by two of my choices, withdrawn from one due to change of mind/heart and have two unconditional offers, one from Brunel which I found out about months ago, and one from UWE which I found out just a few days ago. When the latter happened I celebrated for about five minutes then suddenly started having doubts. Maybe it's because I read loads of good stuff about Brunel (to convince myself I'd be happy there if I didn't get any other offers) but suddenly I started wondering if I might regret my choice. It probably doesn't help that I haven't even been to the Brunel campus as I was accepted without an interview. There's an open day in June but that's after the deadline for making my firm choice. My mum suggested I just go there anyway and have a look around but I'm not convinced I'll get any useful information just from wandering around the corridors. I wanna know about the actual course content, and what the people there are like! (I mean, if building appearance was a factor for me I'd have turned down UWE due to the extremely gothic looking buildings, which aren't pretty but I don't really give a sh**) Anyway, I guess I'm just asking if anyone who's been to or is familiar with both/either might have something to say about them that might help me. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Brunel is really lovely, both of my parents work there and I have been there many times. I can't speak for the drama course specifically, but I know that the university is quite well run. It's also close to London The buildings are absolutely gorgeous, I'm jealous to be honest However I don't know what it's like for students living on campus as my parents both commute. My Mum is currently doing a Biosciences PhD and did her master's there too, and she absolutely loves Brunel.

My partner goes to UWE and doesn't have the best things to say about it. His course (Business) was terribly run with many non-English speaking lecturers (!?), but again I can't speak for drama. Having said that, there is a great community I hear and the campus is bloody huge. He had a great time socially in his first year flats on campus, and of course, Bristol is a fantastic city, I love it there.

What are you looking for primarily? Social aspects, a good course, future work? If you would like any more information I am happy to talk to you
    Good luck!

Edit: My Mum says Brunel does some great drama productions that she has really enjoyed. Also Brunel is trying to get into the University of London, don't know what you would think about that.

ReputationRep:
    I visited UWE for a drama interview and honestly, it was really really good. Part of me wants to make it my firm because the course sounds so great but I'm keeping it insurance due to grades.

We had a workshop thing and a tour of the drama department which really helped - the teachers are really lovely and obviously know what they are doing. There are multiple areas to perform/ rehearse including a new experimental zone which looked impressive. Also being in Bristol, I feel that there are great possiblities to pursue drama in the city.

But ultimately it's up to you, I can't speak at all Brunel but chose what feels right

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.