The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Lord Huntroyde
Rather than starting a thread entitled "Help please!" or similar, it would be better if users were to say briefly what subject they need help in and at what level. This means that others who could help can quickly see what this user needs.

Yeah I was thinking that. Otherwise you end up trying to download the page to see what it's all about, getting a busy server message, and then when you finally do open the page it's something irrelevant to you!
Reply 2
Lord Huntroyde
Rather than starting a thread entitled "Help please!" or similar, it would be better if users were to say briefly what subject they need help in and at what level. This means that others who could help can quickly see what this user needs.

God, I really hate ambiguous titles.
Reply 3
Eeyore
Yeah I was thinking that. Otherwise you end up trying to download the page to see what it's all about, getting a busy server message, and then when you finally do open the page it's something irrelevant to you!

You dont 'download' the page, you just view it on a temporary file.
Lord Huntroyde

How would we do this? Having extra fields in the 'new thread'? Or just them stating this?
Reply 5
happysunshine
How would we do this? Having extra fields in the 'new thread'? Or just them stating this?

All I mean is instead of "Help please", "Help with GCSE English C/W - Romeo and Juliet"

That way other users will be able to see if they can help or not.
Reply 6
Powerline
You dont 'download' the page, you just view it on a temporary file.

Yeah whatever... I'm not very up to date with computer terminology :confused:
Lord Huntroyde
All I mean is instead of "Help please", "Help with GCSE English C/W - Romeo and Juliet"

That way other users will be able to see if they can help or not.

Well I'm sure the regular members would be able to remember to do this but I'm not sure if the newbies would know/bother to do this.

I wish they would though.

Latest

Trending

Trending