Anybody doing D1 Maths please help (edexcel preferably) Watch

Berto90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I think I'm OK on this apart from one thing. On one of the past papers there was a linear programming problem, which you had to solve graphically then by the simplex method. It then said:

"Exaplin how each point on the graph relates to each stage of the simplex algorithm"

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Also, if anyone has a link to D1 past papers that would be appreciated.
Leilah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
D1 maths is so easy, I have been getting 100% on all the papers I have done (practice ones that is). And I am only in year 9!

About that linear programming problem.....problems like this only arise when the Copernicus Solution to Trigonometrical Iden-titties are not followed. Make sure you do indeed follow this theorem and do not procrastinate in any other given way possible, before differentially integrating this factor with brackets.

Thus we can see that the Herzberg's Two Factor Motivational Theory has been disproved extensively.
Berto90
Rep:
?
dude, I have NO IDEA what you just said
yellowdoc22
Report 12 years ago
wow i dn't have a clue!!!! what past paper was it??? and look on the other tread there's a like to the ms for the edexcel past papers!!
Berto90
Rep:
?
It's the very last question on the 2001 paper. I found that site this morning, but when I tried to view the papers I kept clicking "Check Out" thinking that's how you viewed them :rolleyes: . Glad it was only a brief lapse of stupidity
ChooChoo2
Report 12 years ago
Doing D1 Tommorrow as well!

I'm pretty sure kuptaan is just making what he says up, a lot of his posts seem somewhat non-sensical.

I also have no idea how to answer that question either, anyone have any ideas?
r3m0t
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you've ever used or visualised the ruler method, you will notice that a solution is always at one of the boundary vertices.

Each iteration of the simplex method moves to a new vertice on the graph which has a higher profit value. When all the co-efficients for your profit function are positive, that's like reaching your extreme point on the ruler.
ChooChoo2
Report 12 years ago
Cheers r3m0t
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (189)
39.54%
No - but I will (28)
5.86%
No - I don't want to (33)
6.9%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (228)
47.7%

Watched Threads