Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey people, i have to make my A level choices pretty soon and im confused as to what to chose as my 4th subject.
    I know i will be taking:
    Chemistry
    Biology
    Maths

However I am not sure what to take as a 4th subject, my choices are so far either music or government and politics (mind you i didnt take music for gcse, although the college says it doesnt matter, I play the drums,)? As for career choices im thinking of being a doctor so far, but this can change if there is something better in store for me.

What would you choose? and why?

ReputationRep:
    I'd go politics easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GarageMc)
    Hey people, i have to make my A level choices pretty soon and im confused as to what to chose as my 4th subject.
    I know i will be taking:
    Chemistry
    Biology
    Maths

However I am not sure what to take as a 4th subject, my choices are so far either music or government and politics (mind you i didnt take music for gcse, although the college says it doesnt matter, I play the drums,)? As for career choices im thinking of being a doctor so far, but this can change if there is something better in store for me.

Do whatever you enjoy the most. You have three strong subjects already

ReputationRep:
    what about physics, if your taking maths and two science, physics ties in obviously with the sciences it will probably make you have a better grasp and physics and maths tie

ReputationRep:
    I know i will be taking:
    Chemistry
    Biology
    Maths

What are you most likely going to enjoy studying? If it's music take it but if you find government and politics more engaging then perhaps you should consider it. Talk to you teachers to see what the course involves and if you like the components within it, then

ReputationRep:
    PHYSICS!!! it not that i like it but,,, its the best one that links up mostly with all the other subjects. if u'll chose mechanical maths i think u should go for physics 100%,, well at least now i know theres an idiot just like me takin those dman sbujects (no Offence)

ReputationRep:
    I know i will be taking:
    Chemistry
    Biology
    Maths

I would chose physics, ok I know it wasn't on the list but I can imagine the more science you do the better for medicine. I did government and politics and stuck it for a few months but the syllabus was so dry. I think with the 3 subjects you've chosen, music would be more benefical to you on the basis that its a chance for you to something more creative (less written work etc). It might be worth contacting any medical uni places to see which they would prefer.
    Katieeee

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.