The Student Room Group

Isn't life boring?

Scroll to see replies

I was thinking just the same the other day. Worst thing is, there's no choice in the matter. The way society is, is do that or die seemingly :frown:
Find a job worth doing.
Original post by a10
U mad bro? spending your weekends in the house all day watching your favorite soap or tv program is not living the life...

I was being sarcastic. Someone has perhaps read my post on a previous thread?

:holmes:
Reply 63
Original post by Runninground
I mean, you do all this education stuff for about 20ish years, then you spend the rest of your life working all day 5 days a week with just 20ish days holiday, then you retire and by that time you're too old to do fun stuff.

Maaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn, I need some hobbies. :colondollar:

You're never too old to have fun. Also working is what allows you to have the money to do fun things. The more boring bits of life are what help you appreciate the fun things more.
Reply 64
Life never seems boring to me (unless I'm waiting for a ridiculously long time), possibly because I always have ongoing goals; some of which relatively short term, others which aren't. Goals such as improving my skills, getting my dream job, increasing my level of knowledge, etc always provide me with something to do alongside my various hobbies.

I've also almost always got something to think about, which helps.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 65
No! Not if you are doing what you love. I'm a 14-year-old Blogger and Entrepreneur :smile:

I'm looking to mentor some people from TSR who want to SUPER successful in Business and Entrepreneurship. If you do, let's connect.
Reply 66
Not be a motivational speaker or anything, but I have copied and pasted my response to another bored person in a different thread, because it's sad that so many people feel this way:

It's easy to become bored in life, but we are incredibly lucky. We live in a country with some of the best education, healthcare, human rights, history, culture, and diversity in the world. We are young and hopefully healthy, so we can achieve whatever we want. I don't know what life is or why we are here, but I know that I want to live. Whenever I challenge myself to do something difficult or exciting or enjoyable, I feel satisfied, happy, and alive, and it's worth it. There doesn't need to be a point to this, I just enjoy the experience. If you're bored, read a book, paint a picture, learn a foreign language, build a fort, work as a freelance writer, rent out your skills, volunteer for a meaningful cause, research your career options, find a pen pal, do sport, go for a walk, do yoga, meditate, explore a city, get out into nature, spend time with loved ones, attend a public lecture, visit a museum, listen to podcasts, fundraise for charity, or do something else productive or fun.

In the long-term, it's good to have a job that earns you money, works towards something meaningful, such as climate change or healthcare, embraces your skillset, and that you enjoy. If you have all four of these elements, you will feel a true sense of ongoing meaning and happiness.

In any case, we're all going to die one day, and if you're lucky enough to make it to a ripe old age, don't look back and wish you hadn't wasted time on TSR complaining about being bored. It's your choice...

Quick Reply

Latest