AS Psycholgy Watch

fsfaith
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Is it crucial that we put in figure such as "80%" in the finding answers? or can we just say it was higher or lower?
yellowdoc22
Report 12 years ago
i think you have to put it to get ur A01 marks!!! and if they ask for the findings then it is!
Cristalclear
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by fsfaith)
Is it crucial that we put in figure such as "80%" in the finding answers? or can we just say it was higher or lower?

Hey, justs wondering hows AS psychology? Is it easy, manageable or HARD? Sorry for the trouble, just need some peoples views on how hard is psychology, Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
Ninja32
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i wouldnt say hard as such, but so much to remember and memorise. Youve got at least 10 key studies to remember for each unit, theres 6 units...well 5 plus research methods. Additionally, i found that it isnt really psychology....thats just my view, i found that a trained parrot could regurgitate the whole course without being taught anything...
dropping it next yr
ChooChoo2
Report 12 years ago
I've always just said things like "a very large amount" and then, say there was a follow up study, "significantly less". I think that is the main importance. Of course if you forget the Milgram 100% 300v / 65% 450v they might think that a bit odd.

Supposedly the test tommorrow is more of an endurance one than anything, I did it last year and came out with a B. I'm resitting one module which I hope to get as close to 100% as possible in.

(Original post by Ninja32)
i found that a trained parrot could regurgitate the whole course without being taught anything...
Welcome to "education"
Konstantine
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Psychology's nothing like I expected. And that's not to say that I thought I'd be leaving school in a tweed suit with leather elbow patches, tapping my pencil across my clipboard and making "ahhh, mmm" noises whenever anyone said anything.

I didn't expect to be sat in class learning about bloody biology. I thought I'd left neurotransmitters and all that malarky back at GCSE. Needless to say, I'll fail any biological approach question quite spectacularly.
ChooChoo2
Report 12 years ago
I'm not sure how you did it, but we were taught in a way that mean we could skip biological stuff if we wanted. We went through "perception", but we did enough other stuff so we can not-learn it.

And as for approaches, you will only ever need two approaches (I think) so skip biological and learn two others and you're sorted.

I agree that the biology aspect is annoying, but it does make the whole course a little bit less .. bullsh*ty
Ywiss
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ohohohoho no!

/Freudian scary voice

You must learn the biological model if you're doing AQA Psych, methinks - they can ask for aaaaall of them, the evil little poos.
fsfaith
Hey, justs wondering hows AS psychology? Is it easy, manageable or HARD? Sorry for the trouble, just need some peoples views on how hard is psychology, Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
Psychology isn't hard it's just the case of learning the studies, however most studies are interesing like Zimbardo's study; where he studies obedience by simulating a prison. And Milgrams Study on electrical shocks or Johansson's study on stress. it's pretty easy to get the grades as well, as long as you're good at evaluating you've got a guranteed good grade
fusen
Report 12 years ago
I agree with ninja tbh, mostly it all comes down to just remembering facts and fiugures, fair enough you do not to add your own evaluation but that's probabaly the easiest part of it, btw good luck to everyone who is doing it tomorrow ;D
Ninja32
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeh i totally agree with everything said, in addition to fusen, u can probably learn the evaluations parrot fashion too, but i spose im making it out to be really bad, it can be interesting. Stress is ok, and influence stuff was quite interesting....best get revising i guess, good luck guys
fsfaith
well... Psychology's finished today. How'd everyone find it? I personally found it quite hard =.= but hopefully i'll still get a B
Dave74
Report 12 years ago
It was def the hardest paper i have looked at compared with all the past papers
and we didnt actually learn the research module so that was a bit hit and miss
Ninja32
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i didnt find it too bad, but i spose it depends what grade ur aiming for really

either way im dropping it so not bothered, hope y'all did well, now gotta go study for eng lit....grrrrrr
fsfaith
i see well it's over and done with i guess just move on.. lol anyways good luck with all your other exams
CountOlaf
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I found that paper quite easy. I especially enjoyed the Research Methods question because it allows for a little creativity. I suggested giving the kids rewards for being good little children and doing a memory test, to reinforce the idea that their score is meaningless. :p:
purplerat
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I found it ok - did 4get a few peoples names tho and some of the statistics - if I get a C ill b happy. Im dropping it next year too its a snooze. And I totaly agree about why do we need 2 learn biology - i was crap at tht last yr and im about the same now!
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I messed up on Research Methods :mad:

Erm, think I did really well in the first two units though.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by CountOlaf)
I found that paper quite easy. I especially enjoyed the Research Methods question because it allows for a little creativity. I suggested giving the kids rewards for being good little children and doing a memory test, to reinforce the idea that their score is meaningless. :p:
Haha @ rewards. I doubt that'll get marks :p:
readjono
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We talking about Edexcel here?

The only thing I think I messed up on was the small questions - didn't know about 'generalisation' for Classical Conditioning and REM sleep characteristics, but thankfully they're only 1 or 2 marks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (61)
37.42%
No - but I will (6)
3.68%
No - I don't want to (10)
6.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (86)
52.76%

Watched Threads