Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i was wondering whether anyone could help me, would honestly be a massive help if they could. I have a few questions about studying Physics at university, and they may seem completely ignorant and stupid but let me first assure you i am very interested in physics, just not sure about whether i could manage it at university.

Firstly, as Physics was always just an interest, i stupidly never took the A level, i am planning to take a year out and studying the whole a level in this time. I should hopefully have A*AA/AAA in my alevels: Maths, Chem and Economics by then.

I was wondering, if i could let a university, I.E manchester know that i am studying for the A Level, would they still consider me? Or would they just think why isn't he applying already with the A Level?

Also, in general terms, as someone who is of average intelligence but studies very hard to get A grades, would i find Physics too difficult?

ReputationRep:
    Hi you need physics alevel so will either need to do a physics alevel and then apply when you have it or do a physics/science foundation year which some uni's offer like Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff, York, loughbrough, Sheffield and a few more and if you get the required grade you will progress to the physics degree year 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicso)
    Hey guys, i was wondering whether anyone could help me, would honestly be a massive help if they could. I have a few questions about studying Physics at university, and they may seem completely ignorant and stupid but let me first assure you i am very interested in physics, just not sure about whether i could manage it at university.

Firstly, as Physics was always just an interest, i stupidly never took the A level, i am planning to take a year out and studying the whole a level in this time. I should hopefully have A*AA/AAA in my alevels: Maths, Chem and Economics by then.

I was wondering, if i could let a university, I.E manchester know that i am studying for the A Level, would they still consider me? Or would they just think why isn't he applying already with the A Level?

Also, in general terms, as someone who is of average intelligence but studies very hard to get A grades, would i find Physics too difficult?
    If you had A*AA or thereabouts, and you applied and stated that you were going to sit the A-level that year, I'd be surprised if they wouldn't consider you. It might be an issue if they need predicted grades though.

If you don't mind taking another year, you could get into the physics foundation programme at Manchester (what I'm doing).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.