Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone staying in McClaren House this year? Had my offer through for a room this week & just about to accept

Also, can anyone shed some light on the payment situ? They say we need to pay the first installment on the 7th, but I don't know anyone who'll have £2,000 knocking about! Anyone spoken to them about this?

ReputationRep:
    It's McLaren House. Stayed there 2010/11, thought it was ok. Can't help you on the payment question. I just paid the instalments whenever they were due.

ReputationRep:
    I am you have to pay £300 deposit when you accept not £2000, have they gave you an offer of a single room? this means en suite doesn't it??

ReputationRep:
    Ive already paid a £300 deposit on a room at McLaren. I'm bronwyn, awesome to meet other people looking at the Mclaren house, what are you planning on studying?

ReputationRep:
    ah I've got to pay mine by friday did yours say single room and this definitley means en suite doesn't it? I want to check before I pay but noones replying to my emails hey I'm Lucy, I'm studying forensic science, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy1194)
    ah I've got to pay mine by friday did yours say single room and this definitley means en suite doesn't it?
    All rooms in McLaren are en suite. They don't have mixer taps though - means you can either burn or shock-freeze your hands and face :-/

ReputationRep:
    hi im olivia, also staying in mclaren house!
    i queried the £2000 payment on september the 7th, the woman quite rudely told me there isnt much they can do and that i have to borrow it from family or use my savings. i explained that im going on my student finance and that there are no other options, she then told me if i can prove my student finance is on its way i can pay £800 then the rest when i receive my finance.
    £800 is still a large amount!

ReputationRep:
    Ah I didn't really look at it properly but I should have my student finance then because if you submit it by may 31st you will get it in time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They don't pay the student finance til the 16th Sept do they? That's crazy, don't know how they expect people to pay over £2000, a week before people's loans come in! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThereIsNoKey)
    Ive already paid a £300 deposit on a room at McLaren. I'm bronwyn, awesome to meet other people looking at the Mclaren house, what are you planning on studying?
    Hello! I'm Abigail I'm studying Drama & Performance

ah I've got to pay mine by friday did yours say single room and this definitley means en suite doesn't it? I want to check before I pay but noones replying to my emails hey I'm Lucy, I'm studying forensic science, what about you?
    If I've read correctly, the majority of rooms are en-suite & about 14 aren't. But I'd imagine if you've got in early you'd get an en-suite

Ah I didn't really look at it properly but I should have my student finance then because if you submit it by may 31st you will get it in time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Bex Hole)
    They don't pay the student finance til the 16th Sept do they? That's crazy, don't know how they expect people to pay over £2000, a week before people's loans come in! X
    That's right. I've just received all my nonsense from them. I think the actual deadline for SF is 31st May, but I spoke to quite a helpful lady who told me you have to pay 6 weeks worth on the 7th, and just show your SF confirmation to prove you'll be receivinf funds on the 16th, then you can pay the remainder of the first installment

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to stay at the Mclaren House. Hope we meet soon guys. cheers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys im Maz I'm hoping to get in Mclaren house or David Bomberg house in september but I have to wait for my place to become unconditional and Abigail I'm also doing drama and perfromance

ReputationRep:
    Hey maz nice to meet you! I'm Lucie, staying at mclaren house I'm doing forensic science

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Maz! Yey, a fellow course buddy

Nice to hear from some potential roomies

ReputationRep:
    Hey Abigail, Lucie Yey ppl ill know if i go to Mclaren house

ReputationRep:
    Ooh yeah it's great speaking to people first, hopefully you get in mclaren house

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm sammie, I paid my £300 yesterday for mclaren. I'm a bit scared about paying the first instalment though.. But still quite excited!! Hopefully I'll know some people before I go! I'm doing psychology

ReputationRep:
    I've paid my £300 have you been allocated a room yet? I'm doing forensic science

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.