AQA English Literature Watch

graveyarddreams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Does anyone know whether or not we are allowed to bring our own text in the exam for unit 2, the poetry section? Or will we be provided with a blank copy?
thx.
jellybellyele
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nope unfortuantly it is a closed book exam so you wont be able to have it infront of you...or at least thats what happened in my AS exam!
graveyarddreams
Rep:
?
Are you sure that's not unit 1- the modern novel? I'm quite sure you're allowed to have the poetry and the play in the exam. But i'm just not sure, whether we are allowed to bring our annoted poetry book, or will they privide blank ones.
jellybellyele
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ooops...I apologise, I was talking about the wrong unit
Unit 2 you get to take in both texts (the poetry and the play) but you cant have any annotations, it needs to be a blank copy which you take in yourself...sorry for the misunderstanding
graveyarddreams
Rep:
?
:eek: i've been told that we are allowed annotation in the play, i definitly don't have any spare copies.
jellybellyele
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
argh sorry im wrong again, apparently you are allowed annotations in both but only ones that are approriate ie. not long sentences
Sorry Im not very good at this advice lark am I?? I should just keep my mouth shut :s:
jellybellyele
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Good luck in the exam anyway....
graveyarddreams
Rep:
?
thx. i hope mine is not too much, on some pages, every inch is covered with writing, and it's in pen so i can't rub it off and make it more concise...
and good luck to you too (assuming you are doing this as well)
jellybellyele
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
mmm....thats sounds like too much if some pages are covered- our books were checked just before the exam and you could only have short words with plenty of space...Id check it with your teacher or examination supervior just incase because if you do have too much and they check yours in the exam room it could get taken off you (it happened to someone before my exam and they had to do it with no book )

Im doing my A2 exams at the mo, for the unit 2 exam I did Carol Ann Duffy for the poetry and Dr Fautus by Christopher Marlowe
~Bex~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Are you on AQA A or B? Because if you're on B you're allowed to take the novel in with BRIEF annotations but you're not allowed to take ANY texts in to unit 2 - poetry and drama.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.48%
No - but I will (76)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.91%

Watched Threads