Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is 2 months enough time to revise? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I'm in year 10 and I have around 5 GCSE's in June. I've got the core AQA Sciences and both EDEXCEL Maths Exams.

I've been doing a little bit of revision here and there but not proper, dedicated, daily revision.

Just wandering, is 2 months enough time to revise and still get good grades on all these exams? Obviously not revising every subject everyday but perhaps one a day?

Thanks alot
    Chris

ReputationRep:
    2 months is plenty of time, especially for 5 exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisshort)
    Hey,
    I'm in year 10 and I have around 5 GCSE's in June. I've got the core AQA Sciences and both EDEXCEL Maths Exams.

I've been doing a little bit of revision here and there but not proper, dedicated, daily revision.

Just wandering, is 2 months enough time to revise and still get good grades on all these exams? Obviously not revising every subject everyday but perhaps one a day?

Thanks alot
    Chris
    I did my A-level revision in under a month dude, 2 months is more then enough.
    2 months is more then some creatures live! So for your revision it's long enough .

ReputationRep:
    5 Gcse's exams? You wouldn't even need more than 5 days for that tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had your dedication in year 10 .. But I spent a week in GCSE's

ReputationRep:
    That's more than enough! I spent less than that revising for my IB exams to get into uni...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcdermie)
    That's more than enough! I spent less than that revising for my IB exams to get into uni...
    What did you get??

ReputationRep:
    Yes definitely, if you stick at that for two months you should do well. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    OUT OF INTEREST. How much did you revise? I'm about to do the IB and started about 2 months ago on and off but hardcore a month ago.

ReputationRep:
    More than enough time. I've always been told that little and often is the best way to revise as well, so don't see it as a bad thing you've been doing bits here and there. Not that i listen, its always going to be cramming for me

ReputationRep:
    What is the point of these threads?

Even if it wasn't enough time (it is enough time...), you'd still be better off attempting to revise than simply giving up.

ReputationRep:
    About two months too long if you ask me

ReputationRep:
    That's more than enough time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calllu-m)
    OUT OF INTEREST. How much did you revise? I'm about to do the IB and started about 2 months ago on and off but hardcore a month ago.
    I have my exams next week, probably started properly about 2/3 weeks ago, but had been doing some on and off before plus revised throughout for mocks and progress exams etc, still don't feel 100% though. I think with IB though you can never know enough, like there will always be more you could know, especially if you do subjects like history/geography!!

ReputationRep:
    I have my exams next week, probably started properly about 2/3 weeks ago, but had been doing some on and off before plus revised throughout for mocks and progress exams etc, still don't feel 100% though. I think with IB though you can never know enough, like there will always be more you could know, especially if you do subjects like history/geography!!
    I do both. At HL. -.-

ReputationRep:
    For only 5 yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calllu-m)
    I do both. At HL. -.-
    Oh same, I feel your pain! Biggest mistake EVER!!

Are you in your first or second year??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisshort)
    Hey,

Thanks alot
    Chris
    I have exams on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday next week and I'm on TSR.
    Two months is plenty of time :P

ReputationRep:
    Oh same, I feel your pain! Biggest mistake EVER!!

Are you in your first or second year??
    Second. T-minus 6 days until go time.

ReputationRep:
    2 months, 5 exams, year 10 GCSE's?

Plenty of time.

Just make sure you revise consistently.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.