This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
Some people here, check out Mill's 'harm' principle. FFS
By your own logic, how do you justify your insulting and 'harming' comments to Vienna?
water__lily21
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
CreamCrackered says he'll miss u nad he might try phoning!!!

we're off now!!!
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ha this is embarrassing.
dimexi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
wow!! we used to have threads like this in the sub-forum.. Not so pointless though
Daragh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by MysticalMagicalVienna)
no one is a saint if there was such a said styl;e maybe my life would be worth more. he makes me feel like my life can get better and so what ok somepeople find it hard to pout humour accross i myself do as well i am considered too serious at times. but now i have dug myself into this i am diggin myself out i can't stop once i started. You are overly ofensive and extremely rude to some. your comments are more offensive at times yet you probably have a nice clean record behind you. i stand up for whats right. no mater what **** i get yself into.
:soap:
SmuUsh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dogtanian)
But you know as well as I and everybody else does that you can't insult members or post sexually explicit things. Freedom of speech doesn't equal the freedom to offend. There are boundaries that you agree to when you sign up. That's what the rules are for.

If he'd been banned for saying 'I like chicken nuggets', then that's be silly. But he posted sexually explicit things in a forum where we want to be able to welcome the young 'uns. I had to warn. I didn't realise that it'd amount to a ban, but fact is, it has.

Deal with it. Your, or his, freedom of speech hasn't been compromised by this.
no but the freedom to express our thoughts has.
I have now been here sometime sticking to rules sticking to guidlines never truely expressing myself to the extent i want
but now i am i am showing just what rules and guidlines set. they set nothing but the means for rebellion. and the heirarchy has no sense of worth when you don't have the right moral or even the right mind to follow those guidlines.
When offended i get overly defensive to the extent of offensive ness. and i can't help it. ok
cc has a very absurd lifestyle but so do most. I myself have an absurd lifestyle to the extent of attempted suicide that attempt was to escape the rules set by those around me. that was my rebellion
it didn't work though cos i am still here. but those rules they were weakend and the heiracrhy in which i was at the bottom was destroyed.
i am not attempting to show whos right and whos wrong but to express free mind and free speach and when we have that entirely will i actually stop my protest.
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
By your own logic, how do you justify your insulting and 'harming' comments to Vienna?
Give and take....

As for my comments, they are perfectly justified. She spins everything, when there is nothing to be spun. She's simply perverse in her interpretation of humour, comments et cetera....

I'm not going through the past posts, but her interpretation of alot is freakily abnormal...akin to CCs.
dimexi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:fuhrer: :fuhrer: :soap: :soap:
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
wtf??? 5 pages of what? If you wanted to know about CC, should have posted a thread in AAM,or HE himself should have emailed Pig.
Daragh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by MysticalMagicalVienna)
no but the freedom to express our thoughts has.
I have now been here sometime sticking to rules sticking to guidlines never truely expressing myself to the extent i want
but now i am i am showing just what rules and guidlines set. they set nothing but the means for rebellion. and the heirarchy has no sense of worth when you don't have the right moral or even the right mind to follow those guidlines.
When offended i get overly defensive to the extent of offensive ness. and i can't help it. ok
cc has a very absurd lifestyle but so do most. I myself have an absurd lifestyle to the extent of attempted suicide that attempt was to escape the rules set by those around me. that was my rebellion
it didn't work though cos i am still here. but those rules they were weakend and the heiracrhy in which i was at the bottom was destroyed.
i am not attempting to show whos right and whos wrong but to express free mind and free speach and when we have that entirely will i actually stop my protest.
:fuhrer:
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
See Vienna's last post....i don't need to elaborate now do I.
Helzerel
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
*gets out popcorn, ice-cream and drink*

Would anyone like some?
SmuUsh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Firstly, don't just wave "freedom of speech" around as an excuse for anything. Go and have a look at the rules. Avoiding the swear filter is not allowed. Making personal insults at other users is not allowed. You almost certainly haven't seen a lot of the things that CC posted and was warned for, because they've been removed.

If the comment from WHW upset you so much, you should have reported it and had it dealt with then, rather than getting into a fight and breaking the censorship filter rules several times.
Yes quoting you/.
personal insults.
he made a personal insult to me Arse licking/kissing Sheep oh wait thats not an insult then ok so i can go around calling everypne arse .licking/kissing sheep then? you find that acceptable?
alexandra called me a ***** yeah you saw that i know you did you took the thread out of view. but i don't take crap . Freedom of speach is something i feel strongly about and no amount of warnings are going to stop me saying whats right and whats wrong. there is no right or wrong in a persoins eye. for to one it may be acceptable but to another it is unaccpeptable.
dimexi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Helzerel)

Would anyone like some?
:five:; we are twins again .. I don't mind some popcorn
Daragh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Would anyone like some?
Please, I quite like this, not many threads where I can accurately express myself through the use of smilies
dogtanian
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What you want isn't what freedom of speech is all about. You want to be able to post anything you like without any moderation whatsoever? You want the freedom to call someone names, to post sexually explicit things, and to have nasty things said to you in return? Ain't happening. Some forums work well like that, but not this one. To be a member of this forum, you have to stick to the rules and boundaries set, ones that you agreed to when you signed up. You can flout them in some form of protest if you like, but you'll be warned for it, and to be honest, you won't get very far and it'll look a bit silly.

Even freedom of speech has its limits.
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Would anyone like some?
I've already used mine up....
dimexi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by deej2)
Please, I quite like this, not many threads where I can accurately express myself through the use of smilies
:soap: :p:
brimstone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:eek:
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
Give and take....

As for my comments, they are perfectly justified. She spins everything, when there is nothing to be spun. She's simply perverse in her interpretation of humour, comments et cetera....

I'm not going through the past posts, but her interpretation of alot is freakily abnormal...akin to CCs.
As is your own manipulation of what you consider right or wrong, mostly on the basis of whether it effects you or someone else.

You referenced yourself J.S. Mill's harm principle, so regardless of whether or not your comments are 'justified', they are against that principle, so if you seek to apply it to others, then keep to it yourself, there is simply no need for such insulting language.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.05%
No - but I will (46)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.6%

Watched Threads