Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.
    Im looking to study medicine the year after next, and my back up is going to be Paramedic science, with a view to go into Medicine postgraduate. Does anyone know how likely this is to be successful?

Thanks

Edit: possibly worth mentioning I'm interested in pre-hospital care medicine

ReputationRep:
    You'd need to give us some idea of your grades, work experience etc before we could have a clue whether your initial application to medicine would be likely to be successful. Then worry about paramedic science/grad entry. But yes, it is perfectly possible to do medicine after a degree in paramedic science and I know a few who have done it.

It's worth mentioning to you, however, that if PHEM is your thing, it's likely to be at least 10 years (5 years med school, 2 years foundation, 3 years ACCS) before you get any significant exposure to it in medicine apart from the odd SSC if you're lucky. I wouldn't get your heart set too much on any one specialty.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.