Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the Korea/Vietnam paper for Edexcel History and I'm really confused by the mark schemes - whilst the question will be Why did it take Nixon so long to withdraw, the mark scheme only talks of how he took long to leave by mentioning various events e.g. the invasion of Cambodia. Perhaps the mark scheme is only indicative, in that case how would you answer a question like this? Would you say how he took long and then explain why? Or just why?
    And also, with a question such as How significant was Chinese intervention in the Korean War, would you argue that it was vs. it wasn't, or that it was vs. other factors were more important? I'm just really very confused on the questions - some are so broad and the mark schemes give no real hint of a structure.

Any help at all for this side of the paper would be appreciated, thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    The mark schemes are indicative but do give a good idea of what you should include, for example for the first one you need to explain why he took so long to withdraw - how he took long and why he took long are almost the same thing? You would go through the various reasons it took a long time to withdraw such as invasion of cambodia... etc.

For a question like the second one, you might say 'yes, chinese intervention in the Korean war was significant because... but there were also other significant events such as... (this second part is the same as saying 'it wasn't')

Does that help at all?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.