The Student Room Group

What a-levels wud you recommend

Scroll to see replies

Original post by racheyy1997
Wud economics come under business studies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, Economics and Business Studies are two different subjects :smile:
Reply 21
Awh right I see maths is one of my worst subjects in school x-x and what's worse my school offers none of those subjects :frown: I was thinking I cud maybe do double award business, religious studies (cus I like it) and maybe try get into another school for geography? What do you'd think guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Hey everyone in goin into sixth form in September and I have to have my a-levels picked by friday. I have no idea what a-levels wud u say r good for getting into universities?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Possibly not English looking at the state of that spelling.
Reply 23
Lol I know it's dodgey haha. I acc don't kno why my teacher reckons I'll get a high c or b in my gcse English lol it will b a miracle if I pass

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awh right I see maths is one of my worst subjects in school x-x and what's worse my school offers none of those subjects :frown: I was thinking I cud maybe do double award business, religious studies (cus I like it) and maybe try get into another school for geography? What do you'd think guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Religious Studies would be a good subject to take and I guess Double Award Business would make a decent substitute for Economics. If you can, do try and get into another school for Geography. What other subjects do your current school offer, though?
Reply 25
Um health and social care applied science (I'm really bad at science) history ( not allowed to do it as I didn't do it at gcse) umm btec hospitality single award business btec farm based studies art and design technology design ict our school offers very little. Umm I can't remember what the other few subjects are :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Um health and social care applied science (I'm really bad at science) history ( not allowed to do it as I didn't do it at gcse) umm btec hospitality single award business btec farm based studies art and design technology design ict our school offers very little. Umm I can't remember what the other few subjects are :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, talk about limited! If you can, do try and see if you can do Geography at another school.
Reply 27
Original post by laylarose
Wow, talk about limited! If you can, do try and see if you can do Geography at another school.

Isn't it just! Yea I will try my best to get in and do geography and I love the subject

Posted from TSR Mobile
Isn't it just! Yea I will try my best to get in and do geography and I love the subject

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I feel sorry for you it's not fair that your school doesn't offer any proper subjects,even I got to a pretty run down school yet they still offer all sciences english maths geography history computers,but luckily there's a grammer near me so I'm got lots of choice compared to you! I would try looking at other schools as your school clearly isn't very good at offering a wide selection of A levels which makes it highly likely that the teaching is pretty dire also,even if it means a longer journey everyday it will be worth it in the end when all your friends who stayed on finish will rubbish grades in worthless subjects ! Hope everything works out for you :smile:
Reply 29
My school offers ict history and the sciences ya kno. But it's a great school they just don't offer much :frown: I have loads a schools near me I just don't want to leave all my friends cause I'd be lost with out them in all fairness they have sort of made me who I am in a sense. But I guess am jus gunna try and make the most of what my school offers. Has any one heard of moving image arts? Or has anyone studied it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest