Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Like a girl but already dated her sister - help? watch

I ended up dating this girl last year a few times and we ended up having sex on the 2nd date. Then I had some disastrous drama with an ex and other things, so sort of put it on ice and then just lost interest eventually.

I've been chatting to her sister recently and there's some interest shown. There's no way I can come out of this not looking like a scumbag, right? I assume the second sister knows about what I did with the other one, but I actually LIKE the new sister and I'm not just looking for sex. I'd quite like to see if there was something there with her, maybe go on a date or whatever.

I'm about 99.7% certain this will blow up in my face, but any advice?

ReputationRep:
    There is no way you can win this one. How's it going to look when you are round having dinner with the family, or any other family occasion?

I have *very* briefly spoken to the first sister since, and there wasn't any ill feeling or anything (at least that she showed), but yes, you are right.

ReputationRep:
    I would personally deem it a lost cause. It's bad enough when this happens with two friends, let alone siblings!

Sucks as I talked to the girl I like about it today, she basically said she likes me but she's worried about awkwardness.

My only solace is that we briefly dated for a month and that was 1 year, 2 months ago. Plus she's had a boyfriend since then. Does this not help my case at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I ended up dating this girl last year a few times and we ended up having sex on the 2nd date. Then I had some disastrous drama with an ex and other things, so sort of put it on ice and then just lost interest eventually.

I've been chatting to her sister recently and there's some interest shown. There's no way I can come out of this not looking like a scumbag, right? I assume the second sister knows about what I did with the other one, but I actually LIKE the new sister and I'm not just looking for sex. I'd quite like to see if there was something there with her, maybe go on a date or whatever.

It will 100% blow up in your face. In fact, you'd be better off blowing a load on your own face than going further with this girl. Your feelings haven't developed much yet so you'd be best off to just stop talking to her now. It would be awkward for both of you in the long run and could cause friction between her and her sister, and I doubt you want to be the guy who ruined their relationship.

Personally, I'd cut off contact with her.

ReputationRep:
    If think you should ditch the sisters and go in for the big catch.

Their mum.

But on a more serious note, this is doomed to fail.

ReputationRep:
    Theory says it's doomed to failure, but that's not going to stop you, is it?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you didn't treat her sister well. Steer clear, its your penance

ReputationRep:
    My gran's ex boyfriend married her sister and she didn't find out about the relationship until she received the wedding invite.

They were married until he died so it could work.

My Gran didn't care as she had met and married my Grandad by this time but she said it was always awkward.

(Original post by Presenttime)
    Sounds like you didn't treat her sister well. Steer clear, its your penance
    Nah there's no ill will there. She spoke kindly of me to a friend when she had no reason to a few months back. All seems fine.

I probably shouldn't talk to her but I really fancy her and we have a lot in common. This is doomed to either a) create an awkward mess between sisters or much more likely b) me getting emotionally attached and then frustrated.

Right, I'll try and scale back contact a bit tomorrow.

ReputationRep:

Ok well I have a sister who's only 2 years younger and we're super close, she's the most important person to me. With siblings there is this special bond and even though there may be occassional fights etc, that bond wouldn't go away. I'd never ever date my sis's ex. Even if I wanted it so badly that it'd be impossible to resist. Still wouldn't. And I want to believe she's on the same page about it.
    So in my opinion you shouldn't even try... Be a man and move on

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Both at the same time?

Is there no way time/the sister I got with having a bf can give me a chance on this one?

ReputationRep:
    "the new sister" hahaa that's a good way of putting it

ReputationRep:
    Is there no way time/the sister I got with having a bf can give me a chance on this one?
    Ach just go for it, the inevitable complications are part of the fun.

ReputationRep:
    Go for the ultimate prize. Their mum. **** surely

ReputationRep:
    Really, this is only going to end badly.

The only possible way you can find out if it won't, would be to tell the 'original' sister, how you feel about the 'current' sister.

She may say she's not hindered at all, but it's unlikely. No matter what it's going to be a bit awkward.

I agree that this PROBABLY won't work, but people are wrong saying that it can't.

I had a fling with a guy once. By fling, we went out a few times and slept together on 3 occasions. Fast forward 18 months and I'm now in a year long relationship with his brother. My boyfriend admitted he felt some awkwardness about it at the start but he liked me so much he got over it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the big deal.

It was over a year ago, she's had a boyfriend, the other sister likes you, and they have obviously already spoken about you. Sounds to me like the first sister doesn't care...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.