Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Shower when you wake up or before you go to bed? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I must be in a minority, in that I refuse to get in bed unless I am clean and smell nice. Every evening before bed I have a comprehensive shower.

I imagine most other people place more emphasis on coming home drunk and covered in vomit/chip vinegar/Budweiser/Paco Rabane One Million Chavs/Lynx Africa and then get straight in bed for a few hours kip.

But wouldn't that philosophy get your sheets smelly?

ReputationRep:
    It depends how I'm feeling. Sometimes I stay awake until I'm exhausted and genuinely can't be bothered to shower, so I go for in the morning. If I'm getting up early, though, I know I'll put off getting up until there is no time to shower properly so I force myself to have one the night before instead.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer to shower before I go to bed. Partly because I'm too lazy to wake up earlier than I need to. Also, my hair takes ages to dry, this way I wake up ready.

ReputationRep:
    I shower in the morning and before bed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm utterly non-functional in the morning/barely sleep half the time, so it's evenings for me.

ReputationRep:
    I do it in the mornings, because if I didn't, my hair would need washing in the morning anyway.
    I have to wash my hair every morning because it sticks up everywhere. I need to wash it, leave it about 15 minutes or so, and then blow dry it for the best results.

ReputationRep:
    Evenings. Nothing drags me out of bed earlier than necessary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kage)
    I do it in the mornings, because if I didn't, my hair would need washing in the morning anyway.
    I have to wash my hair every morning because it sticks up everywhere. I need to wash it, leave it about 15 minutes or so, and then blow dry it for the best results.
    Wow, and you're a bloke?

ReputationRep:
    i nearly always wash at night time.

ReputationRep:
    In the mornings to wake me up.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    When I wake up. My hair is a RIOT in the mornings

ReputationRep:
    before I go to bed as I prefer to sleep in as long as possible, also my hair goes insane if I wash it in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    Always wash in evening at home or the night at uni. I'm all for those 4am showers after a night out :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Morning's for me, wake's me up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Wow, and you're a bloke?
    Yep, but I don't suit shorter hair, so I need to wash and blow dry it so for one, its not greasy, and so not sticking up everywhere, and blow dry it because otherwise it would take too damn long

ReputationRep:
    I always shower in the morning so I feel refreshed and ready for the day, but sometimes I will shower at night aswell. Depending if I'm tired and if I have homework to do.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you sweat like half a litre every night? It's good for waking me up properly in the morning too.

ReputationRep:
    I take shower in the morning, because if I do it before bed my hair will look really bad the next day

ReputationRep:
    both morning and night.

ReputationRep:
    Before I go to bed for sure. That way it dries when I'm sleeping and I can't get pneumonia from this cold weather.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.