The Student Room Group

MA International Relations at KCL or MSc International Public Policy at UCL

Been absolutely tearing my hair out on this one for a few weeks now. I have offers for both of these courses and no idea which one to go for. There's virtually nothing in it. Both meet my London requirement and both are around the same price.

I like both courses for very different reasons and both UCL and KCL are attractive to me. I like KCL's focus on traditional security matters but I like UCL's fusion of academia with policy analysis. From what I can tell it's the age old uni versus department debate - UCL is better than KCL as an institution but the War Studies department at KCL is world renowned as Security/International studies centre.

My ambitions are to work in the international organisation/diplomacy sector. Both have excellent links as far as I am aware.

Objective advice would be very much appreciated!!!
Having the same dilemma 2 years later, can I ask which one you went for?
Original post by Trotskeys
Having the same dilemma 2 years later, can I ask which one you went for?

Same dilemma for me.
Which one did you chose Trotskeys ?
Original post by Charlotte1717
Same dilemma for me.
Which one did you chose Trotskeys ?

Hey Charlotte,

Well, actually got accepted by LSE last moment so I am going with them in the end as it was my fav choice :smile: However, had I not received an offer from LSE I was definitely going to pick UCL, not only for its higher reputation but also because I have heard the IPP course is very good. Hope that helps!
Original post by Trotskeys
Hey Charlotte,

Well, actually got accepted by LSE last moment so I am going with them in the end as it was my fav choice :smile: However, had I not received an offer from LSE I was definitely going to pick UCL, not only for its higher reputation but also because I have heard the IPP course is very good. Hope that helps!

Thank you very much, it is really helpful as choosing is always a struggle :smile:
Reply 5
Αpart from UCL and KCL, which other university would you recommend for this field??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending