Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Been absolutely tearing my hair out on this one for a few weeks now. I have offers for both of these courses and no idea which one to go for. There's virtually nothing in it. Both meet my London requirement and both are around the same price.

I like both courses for very different reasons and both UCL and KCL are attractive to me. I like KCL's focus on traditional security matters but I like UCL's fusion of academia with policy analysis. From what I can tell it's the age old uni versus department debate - UCL is better than KCL as an institution but the War Studies department at KCL is world renowned as Security/International studies centre.

My ambitions are to work in the international organisation/diplomacy sector. Both have excellent links as far as I am aware.

Objective advice would be very much appreciated!!!

ReputationRep:
    Having the same dilemma 2 years later, can I ask which one you went for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trotskeys)
    Having the same dilemma 2 years later, can I ask which one you went for?
    Same dilemma for me.
    Which one did you chose Trotskeys ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte1717)
    Same dilemma for me.
    Which one did you chose Trotskeys ?
    Hey Charlotte,

Well, actually got accepted by LSE last moment so I am going with them in the end as it was my fav choice However, had I not received an offer from LSE I was definitely going to pick UCL, not only for its higher reputation but also because I have heard the IPP course is very good. Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trotskeys)
    Hey Charlotte,

Well, actually got accepted by LSE last moment so I am going with them in the end as it was my fav choice However, had I not received an offer from LSE I was definitely going to pick UCL, not only for its higher reputation but also because I have heard the IPP course is very good. Hope that helps!
    Thank you very much, it is really helpful as choosing is always a struggle

ReputationRep:
    Αpart from UCL and KCL, which other university would you recommend for this field??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.