Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am laughing as I write this, so sorry for any typos.

Do I tell her she is decades behind the times, or do I trick her into believing she has the latest iPhone Killa?

Seriously, what is it with old people and mobiles? They have no comprehension of image.

ReputationRep:
    If they don't need the added features of an expensive smartphone, they don't need to get one.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to have to tell you this but your expensive, top of the range phone will break ages before your mum's indestructible Nokia does

ReputationRep:
    Haha...

My mum is using those random £10 mobile phones, she has about 3 or 4 of them. She's been asking me to help her get a smartphone for a while now, but I keep putting her off as all she wants one for is a camera, bit off waste of money.

ReputationRep:
    Well I use the Nokia 1100 and I consider that to be mint. I was given it on my 11th birthday and I'm now 18.

who needs apps and music on a mobile phone?

ReputationRep:
    Ah. But you can chuck a 3310 against a wall and it'll smash to pieces. The phone would still be okay though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    If you have any friends, what do they think of you for your inane decision?
    My friends wish they could be as cool as me :cool:

ReputationRep:

Do I tell her she is decades behind the times, or do I trick her into believing she has the latest iPhone Killa?

Seriously, what is it with old people and mobiles? They have no comprehension of image.
    I've had the same phone for about 6 years, and as long as it doesn't break I'll probably use it for a few more.

ReputationRep:
    I know a man who went into O2 and asked them to sell him a phone which they are so embarrassed to even put on the shelves because its so rubbish. I couldn't tell you the name of it but all I know is he's lasted and is lasting for what seems a lifetime with this phone- whereas I batter a phone within a year and is replaced.

ReputationRep:
    They have already made a phone with a 30 day idle battery life, Color screen, with just the basics. Callimg and texting.
    I'm not sure about durability but I hear its pretty strong and only a tenner.

ReputationRep:
    I love my cheap little Nokia and Samsung phones, they only have phone, contacts, and text which is what you only need, the battery lasts for up to two weeks, and you can practically throw these phones at anything and they won't break.

ReputationRep:
    Can't go wrong with a 3310, as a pure phone it calls, texts and you have the original snake game.

If you have any friends, what do they think of you for your inane decision?
    If you'd buy a phone just because your friends think your current one is silly then you are a sheep.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Sicaspeak)
    Sorry to have to tell you this but your expensive, top of the range phone will break ages before your mum's indestructible Nokia does
    I have a cheap Nokia and a smartphone. I've had more problems with the smartphone than the Nokia.:rolleyes: If I didn't use the internet on mine, I would seriously consider just using my Nokia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    I have a cheap Nokia and a smartphone. I've had more problems with the smartphone than the Nokia.:rolleyes: If I didn't use the internet on mine, I would seriously consider just using my Nokia.
    More technology, more things to go wrong my gran's 15 year old Nokia 6310i still works like a dream haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The original snake game beats Temple Run, Angry Birds and Doodle Jump combined!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    3310 most reliable phone ever u could throw it ona hard floor n it would still work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a Samsung D500 fresh from 2005 - still working perfectly fine :ahee:

ReputationRep:

Hey less of the "old" if you don't mind - just because we are past the acne stage does not mean we are old

I had a 3310 - in fact it is still in the drawer as an emergency phone. It went through the washing machine (on 40 degrees), spent a night outside in the rain ( damn you strong real ale), got dropped off a ski lift and still worked perfectly. Brilliant phone. These new phones - the android types ( and yes as an old person I do actually have one!) are the biggest thief of time and I can guarantee will not last.

ReputationRep:
    My Dad is the same. When I teased him, he pointed out that it is still working, while I have gone through three phones in recent years. He isn't remotely interested in image - all he wants is something that "works".

ReputationRep:
    if she doesn't need the fancy features why bother. My mum has an iphone she only uses it to call and text, shes never even accessewd the internet on the phone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.