AQA Business studies - 5/06/06 Watch

maxzara
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
have.. cant find anything.. comes up with some engineering crap..
the_0ne
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well basically, i think it is where you design and produce a product at the same time, right through from start to finish. I think its linked to matrix structure, different functioanl departments. I don't know if that is right but i think it is.
michaelbenson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Google doesnt always have the answers With regards to the specification simultaneous engineering is relating to how each aspect of the shoes development is performed in conjunction with one another, this generally cuts down the time for the shoes production. My scanner is playing up at the moment, as in Windows XP in general, so it is taking longer than expected to upload these files - hopefully should be finished by tomorrow.
amymarie
Report 12 years ago
im re-sitting units 1 and 2 too.. Will be going through casestudy today and the rest of this week so if i think of anything that i feel will definately be on the exam i will let you know.. The same goes for you, as sample questions would be great practice for me if linked with the Royal Mail Study.. Good Luck! x
amymarie
Report 12 years ago
forget that all about royal mail.. just read it now.. looks like a good casestudy lots of info provided and yes i feel lean production will play an important role in the questions, alongside management styles and motivation... sources of finance too in fact.. the hard question i reckon will most certainly be, whether he should take the French contract and leave whilst all is still relatively profitable as the forecasted figures on interest rates and inflation don't look good or whether he should continue with S4U... mail me if you think of some more stuff.. xxx
CCFC
Report 12 years ago
any notes on the unit 3 paper?!
Chiraag
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by CCFC)
any notes on the unit 3 paper?!
I got an A in this exam and I didnt use the tutor2u package, i simply went through the key areas and did a SWOT and PEST analsis.

CC!!!!!!!!!
maxzara
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
can someone please try and find a definitive definition of simulatenous engineering, i have a feeling it might be a killer cos last summer it was a question worth 15 marks!
MissMouse
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by maxzara)
can someone please try and find a definitive definition of simulatenous engineering, i have a feeling it might be a killer cos last summer it was a question worth 15 marks!
Basically Simultaneous Engineering is where all the tasks involved in the design process of a product, from the initial idea to launch of that product, are carried out together to save time. i.e all the departments work simultaneously on the same project at the same time -just in diff aspects.
CCFC
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Chiraag)
I got an A in this exam and I didnt use the tutor2u package, i simply went through the key areas and did a SWOT and PEST analsis.

CC!!!!!!!!!
Oh howdy "Chiraag", how are you today sir, do you know of any business unit 3 material that i should take a browse out?

Jolly good day old chap.
Wilko_777
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In last summer's GCSE Edexcel Business Studies exam there was a question worth about 8 marks or something like that on something to do with Batch Production relating to the case study. I just hope I can make up for the production questions I did badly on back then.
michaelbenson
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As far as i am aware S4U are not implementing batch production, moreso making use of Job and Flow production.
vultac
Report 12 years ago
3 more days :eek:
Chiraag
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can anyone type all the formlaes needed for BUS1?
CCFC
Report 12 years ago
BUS3 on monday! need notes, tips! quick!
michaelbenson
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Chiraag)
Can anyone type all the formlaes needed for BUS1?
You might not need all these in the actual examination, but these are mentioned somewhat in the specification so best to be aware of them;
  • Calculating percentage market share;
    (Brand Sales / Market Sales) * 100
  • Calculating percentage increase
    (Change in Value / Original Value) * 100
  • Capacity Utilisation
    (Existing Output / Maximum Possible Output) * 100
  • Price Elasticity of Demand
    Percentage change in quantity demanded / Percentage change in price
  • Income Elasticity of Demand
    Percentage change in quantity demanded / Percentage change in income
  • Breakeven Output
    Fixed Costs / Contribution per unit
  • Contribution per unit
    Price per unit - Variable cost per unit
  • Total Contribution
    Contribution per unit * Number of units sold
CCFC
Report 12 years ago
PaulK89
Report 12 years ago
Can anyone explain the Modules to me.

I'm taking Unit 1, 2 and 3 on Monday.

Unit 1 - I know, is the marketing etc..paper - no case study.

However, I don't understand what Unit 2 and 3 will be about? Will they both have questions on the case study which relate to that unit?
michaelbenson
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by CCFC)
Checkout this page for a detailed look at the case study, and even some pre-examination tips from a examiner too
michaelbenson
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by PaulK89)
However, I don't understand what Unit 2 and 3 will be about? Will they both have questions on the case study which relate to that unit?
Exactly that. Unit 2 is known as People and Operations, and in the examinations you will be asked 5 questions about People and Operations in relation to the pre-released case study on S4U, the bespoke sportswear company. Unit 3 is known as External Influences and Objectives, this module covers more of the economics aspect of Business Studies, and like with Unit 2 you will be asked 5 questions about External Influences and Objectives in relation to S4U.

Check one of my earlier posts for some mock questions on both BUS2 and BUS3.
EDIT: Don't forget that whilst Unit 1 covers aspects of Marketing, it is split equally into two, also covering Accounting and Finance as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (468)
38.08%
No - but I will (95)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (579)
47.11%

Watched Threads