Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This is going to be a weird post and I'm going to seem like an extremely negative person but please disregard that.

I'm currently talking to a boy who I really, really like. I know he likes me too, but I can't help but be scared that he's eventually gonna reject me or lose interest. This all stems from my last relationship where I was with a boy who lost interest and rejected me, then got bored, asked me back out, then lost interest again and dumped me again, (because he wasn't "ready", he should have known that before he got with me twice). Anyway I find it really hard to cope with and even though things are going really well I cry at night for no reason, just because I have this feeling that things just won't go well for me and something bad has to happen.

I dunno if this is normal, I don't think it is but I just don't know what to do. It seems not looking for a relationship might be the best idea for me but then I'm the sort of person who when they are single are always on the look out, I'm so desperate for love, and now I'm attached to this boy I couldn't cut things off. I dunno if there's anything I can really do but writing this and getting it off my chest seems like it can help. I dunno if anyone has been through anything similar? I know it's really weird but I dunno talking about it might help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This is going to be a weird post and I'm going to seem like an extremely negative person but please disregard that.

I'm currently talking to a boy who I really, really like. I know he likes me too, but I can't help but be scared that he's eventually gonna reject me or lose interest. This all stems from my last relationship where I was with a boy who lost interest and rejected me, then got bored, asked me back out, then lost interest again and dumped me again, (because he wasn't "ready", he should have known that before he got with me twice). Anyway I find it really hard to cope with and even though things are going really well I cry at night for no reason, just because I have this feeling that things just won't go well for me and something bad has to happen.

I dunno if this is normal, I don't think it is but I just don't know what to do. It seems not looking for a relationship might be the best idea for me but then I'm the sort of person who when they are single are always on the look out, I'm so desperate for love, and now I'm attached to this boy I couldn't cut things off. I dunno if there's anything I can really do but writing this and getting it off my chest seems like it can help. I dunno if anyone has been through anything similar? I know it's really weird but I dunno talking about it might help
    As much of a cliche as it sounds - you find love when you're not looking for it
    You don't say how old you are but if you're only young maybe enjoy being single and if something happens with this guy it happens - don't try and force it There would be no point you getting into a relationship with this guy if you were to spend all of your time with him being worried about him leaving you
    Just because one guy didn't treat you right doesn't mean that they are all the same
    Give him a chance to prove you wrong and if it doesn't happen then enjoy singledom for a bit It can be massively underrated from what I hear

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.