Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was lucky enough to be given this as a birthday present (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fila-FA0633-.../dp/B001DDIV0O).

What do you think of this watch?

Also, the front glass/plastic is scratched a bit. Is there a way that I could remove the scratches?

This watch will be of sentimental value to me.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It's a pretty nice watch to be honest, I don't like Rolex so this is good! the glass problem, you could sand it down a bit then polish and buffer it, or just buy another watch glass, you can easily find spares. I have to say, the bezel is really nice. Personally I like Hublot watches, but they are out of most people's price ranges so I will have to do with me fakes!

ReputationRep:
    This is hard to explain, but if you run your fingernail over them can you feel a divet/bump or are they just fine scratches?

You wont be able to do much about any heavy scratches other than a complete replacement, but for the light ones you can polish them out. Use a good quality polish specific for either glass/plastic depending on what material it actually is.

Perhaps it's also possible to take it to a local jewelers for a bit of a touch up? They would probably be able to polish the glass/plastic and also the bronze metal too. If that's a bit dull at the moment it could shine up nicely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    This is hard to explain, but if you run your fingernail over them can you feel a divet/bump or are they just fine scratches?

You wont be able to do much about any heavy scratches other than a complete replacement, but for the light ones you can polish them out. Use a good quality polish specific for either glass/plastic depending on what material it actually is.

Perhaps it's also possible to take it to a local jewelers for a bit of a touch up? They would probably be able to polish the glass/plastic and also the bronze metal too. If that's a bit dull at the moment it could shine up nicely.
    Yh, they are light scratches.

Where can I get the polish from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sphodromantis)
    It's a pretty nice watch to be honest, I don't like Rolex so this is good! the glass problem, you could sand it down a bit then polish and buffer it, or just buy another watch glass, you can easily find spares. I have to say, the bezel is really nice. Personally I like Hublot watches, but they are out of most people's price ranges so I will have to do with me fakes!
    It's good to see that you like it.

When it was first given to me, I thought it was **** because it was made by a sports company.

However, after I started wearing it, it looked nice.

ReputationRep:
    Its an okay watch, not my personal cup of tea but nice none the less
    As for the scratches if theyre just small and dont detract to much from it id leave them otherwise take it to a watch shop and theyll buff them out/replace the glass... if a replacement is in order see if you can get a sapphire piece installed... very hard to scratch!

ReputationRep:
    Most peoples? dont those bad boys cost upwards of a nice audi ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    Most peoples? dont those bad boys cost upwards of a nice audi ?
    Yes, I know there may be a minority who could afford them and I didn't want to be bias. They do cost a hell of a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I know there may be a minority who could afford them and I didn't want to be bias. They do cost a hell of a lot.
    True true, i remember seeing some nice fake ones of those in a Bazaar in Marakesh.. very convincing ones at that!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.