Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What If Somebody Were Able To Successfully Study A Three-Year Degree In A Year..... watch

....Or Less?

How come degrees take so long, when they can be worked through in half of the time or less?

Say, for example, we have a highly intelligent and complex person. She/he is capable of highly accelerated learning and has a magnificent memory; has a spectacularly high "intelligence". What if he/she successfully self-studies a taxing degree like Physics or Engineering and is more than financially capable to carry out any practical features that may come with that? What if he/she self-studies such in a year or even substantially less, like a matter of months?

How exactly can such a person be recognised? Will universities allow him/her to simply take exams (all exams for the three years condensed into one period)? How can modern society accommodate such a highly intelligent individual?

It stays in your head if you spend a long time learning at a moderate pace, no matter how intelligent you may be. If someone that intelligent spends 3 years in full, they'll be much better off than if they spent a year.

A year or less for a 3-year degree is essentially a crash course and it's unlikely that you'd remember much of what you learnt. I doubt anyone would recognise it at all, employers are sceptical enough about 2 year degrees. Employers would still be insecure I imagine
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.