Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What clothing suits girls in their twenties? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so what clothing would you say suits women in their mid - late twenties? I dress like a kid at the moment in my hooded tops with jeggings and trainers. Im a tomboy and am not into flowery dresses in fact i dont wear dresses. I also dont wear high heels only trainers or shoes similar to trainers. I just wondered if anyone could recommend a few clothing styles. Im petite at 4ft11 but want to dress more attractive/maturely.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Dress feminine.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fashion guru, far from, but I can advise you on one piece of clothing to avoid. Uggs. :afraid:

Name:  UglyUGGs01.jpeg
Views: 464
Size:  46.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    Low cut tops and yoga pants.

ReputationRep:
    Granny pants!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Granny pants!

already wear them

ReputationRep:
    Smart/casual jumpers with good fitting jeans and long jewellery can't really go wrong
    Loose blouses, shirts over vests and blazers are also good.

I found this article, I don't know if it's of use.
    *The casual clothing is okay, the others look horrible to me *

ReputationRep:
    Coats/Jackets do say a lot about you, so many something a bit more tailored fit?
    You can totally rock the androgynous look. Footwear: instead of trainers, try brogues
    Bold trousers: harem/dhoti/carrot trousers

Like this:

Name:  image1xl.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  19.0 KB
    Name:  image2xl.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  22.1 KB

And maybe some of these looks?:

Name:  wingtip-brogues-on-women.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  199.0 KB
    Name:  brogue5.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  92.1 KB
    Name:  Desktop14-1.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  95.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    Short skirts & high heels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Coats/Jackets do say a lot about you, so many something a bit more tailored fit?
    You can totally rock the androgynous look. Footwear: instead of trainers, try brogues

Like this:

Thanks, those kind of things are what I were thinking, minus the skirt. I dont like looking too plain and always like to wear something which stands out I guess thats were accessories come in.

ReputationRep:
    I should probably go to NEXT then Ive always thought they have clothing of a more mature style

ReputationRep:
    Watch "Snog Marry Avoid". Every girl ends up looking like a generic clone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    Watch "Snog Marry Avoid". Every girl ends up looking like a generic clone.
    And yet still better than how they went in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Granny pants!

Dat stained crotch :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    Dat stained crotch :sexface:
    :dice:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I have a question)
    :dice:
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    None

ReputationRep:
    http://lookbook.nu/search#!locations...united+kingdom

Try Lookbook for style references. It's pretty good! Personally I shop at ASOS and the other usual ones e.g. top shop. But comfort is the key, there's no use in wearing something that would irritate you the whole day. Skirts are the worst, I seem to expose myself in some way with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)

Like this:

Christ, don't wear brogues. They're bloody horrible.

Just go and have a good look around the shops, OP, and buy what you like. Don't wear what you think you should wear. Half the people in this country already dress as clones of one another, just feel around for a style that fits *you.* If you follow most of the advice in this you'll just look the same as most girls out there and probably feel uncomfortable.

The current fashions are terrible, anyway. I've always had a hatred for those harem pants and brogues. Bu fashion is subjective of course, and if you want do like it or want to try it, go for it, but don't just go along with it because you think that's what's best. You need to find your own style.

And there are other looks besides "teen tomboy", "super girly feminine" and "androgynous celebrity fashion wannabe."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arirang)
    Just take a look around and see what you like! Just make sure you feel confident wearing whatever you do - that's most important, because if you don't feel comfortable with what you're wearing then it'll look bad no matter how pretty the clothes are. Personally, I go for this "top-heavy" style (long sleeves, short bottoms) and I'm a sucker for thigh high boots but, hey~

Attachment 209144

If you like to stand out, then you should check out Gyaru style (pictured above) - there's many Gyaru in their mid-late 20's and even early 30's who follow the style. Speaking from experience, it certainly gets you noticed, if nothing else...
    Yes, every girl should have this kind of style!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.