Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As put forward in the thread title- I just walked a long, tiring and heavy 10.4 ******* miles with a 5kg bag on my hench back.

The reason being: a family member that I trusted gave me a faulty oyster card on purpose. Perhaps to test my patience.....

My question- what are your limits/boundaries to forgiving someone?

In essence, how far would you go to forgive another human being?

ReputationRep:
    i have walked much farther with a MUCH heavier bag on my back over worse terrain... be pissed but get over it.

ReputationRep:
    theyre not trying to try your patience dude, theyre tyring to piss you off, get them back somehow.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine how the people that walk the same distance, or even greater, to travel to school, work and so on, in third world countries feel...

Nonetheless, sorry! Plus, forgive and forget. There is little point in carrying burdens such as resentment and anger in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    As put forward in the thread title- I just walked a long, tiring and heavy 10.4 ******* miles with a 5kg bag on my hench back.

The reason being: a family member that I trusted gave me a faulty oyster card on purpose. Perhaps to test my patience.....

You think that's bad. When i was working at M&S i had to walk there at 3am (4miles walk) do a 14 hour shift and walk back (4miles). While i was there i had to unload the trolleys and make sure every little thing was working perfectly :/

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should get the hint

'Get your own oyster card'

:fatcontroller:

I used to walk further when I missed my school bus and my dad wouldn't pick me up. Nothing like getting home from school at 7:30-8 ¬__¬

ReputationRep:
    James has to walk 10 miles everyday because of his abusive family members. Don't sit back idly and let this happen. Donate to the JamesNeedHelp Foundation and help 1000's of abused children just like him today. We all can make change happen.

This post is sponsored by the Central Bank of Nigeria

ReputationRep:
    My father told me that back when he was a kid in Africa, around 50 years ago. He used to walk around 9 miles there and back just for education and work. Walking is good. Its healthy and gives you a nice rest from sitting around. I like walking in decent distances to have fresh air when I got nothing better to do.

ReputationRep:
    When I wake up...
    Yea I know I'm going to be I'm going to be that man who wakes up next to you
    When I go out...
    Yea I know I'm going to be I'm going to be that man who goes along with you
    If I get drunk...
    Yea I know I'm going to be I'm going to be that man who gets drunk next you
    And if I heaver
    Yea I know I'm going to be I'm going to be that man who's heavering to you

But I would walk 500 miles
    And I would walk 500 more
    Just to be that man who walk a thousand miles to fall down at your door

When I'm walking...
    I know I'm going to be that man who's walking hard for you
    And the money...
    Cause for the work I do I'll pass almost every penny onto you

When I come home...
    Yea I know I'm going to be I'm going to be that man who comes back home to you
    And if I go...
    Yea I know I'm going to be I'm going to be that man who going over you

Just to be that man to walks a thousand miles to fall down at your door
    (Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Undela Undela Undela la la la)

When I'm lonely...
    well I know I'm going to be I'm going to be that man who's lonely without you
    And when I'm dreaming...
    Well I know I'm going to Dream I'm going to dream about our time when I'm with you
    When I go out...
    Well I know I'm going to be I'm going to be that man who goes along with you
    And when I come home...
    I know I'm going to be I'm going to be that man who comes back home for you
    I'm going to be that man who's coming home for you

Just to be that man to walks a thousand to fall down at your door

And I would walk 500 miles
    Just to be that man to walks a thousand miles to fall down at your doo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mangaka)
    James has to walk 10 miles everyday because of his abusive family members. Don't sit back idly and let this happen. Donate to the JamesNeedHelp Foundation and help 1000's of abused children just like him today. We all can make change happen.

This post is sponsored by the Central Bank of Nigeria
    Haha your post actually made me smile among all this anger ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annuhlees)
    Maybe you should get the hint

'Get your own oyster card'

:fatcontroller:

I used to walk further when I missed my school bus and my dad wouldn't pick me up. Nothing like getting home from school at 7:30-8 ¬__¬
    It was a one off thing tbh.
    I pay for my fare everyday. Trusting this 'family member' was the mistake I made :/

ReputationRep:
    can i ask, what happened to jamesneedshelp 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    i have walked much farther with a MUCH heavier bag on my back over worse terrain... be pissed but get over it.
    It is more about the principle of trusting another human being rather than the distance.

ReputationRep:
    ah ignore me then, well, i hope you regularly sent to far away places with a faulty oyster cards, it may teach manners young man, and yeah, i dont care that your older than me, i can say it!

ReputationRep:
    i must be well bitter, as id think of various small ways to get revenge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arsenalfan)
    ah ignore me then, well, i hope you regularly sent to far away places with a faulty oyster cards, it may teach manners young man, and yeah, i dont care that your older than me, i can say it!
    Fine, you can have a +rep 'young man'- that is all you deserve for now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)

3-4 hour walk.

=/

For the first 2 hours, I'd be swearing and muttering to myself about how this family member is an idiot
    For the remaining 2 hours, I'd just be annoyed as I'd have run out bad things to say
    heh

ReputationRep:
    ...and I would walk 10.4 more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I have a question)
    Imagine how the people that walk the same distance, or even greater, to travel to school, work and so on, in third world countries feel...

Nonetheless, sorry! Plus, forgive and forget. There is little point in carrying burdens such as resentment and anger in life.
    I have no idea why you got negged :/

I agree to a certain extent. There is little point in carrying resentment and anger- yes..but using a third world country to try and downplay/brush off/justify the situation at hand is well mind boggling.

So what are your limits/boundaries in forgiving another human being?

ReputationRep:
    Typical Londoner, for me it takes 10.4 miles to walk to the main road and back

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.